What steps after oil mixed with water

ahardb0dy

Want to figure out if the timing is off with out taking the front cover off.

Can I put the number one piston at TDC and look to see if the rotor is pointing to the number one position on the distributor cap?

think I have to remove the seat to get to the ECU to see the LED's and the switch, I removed the plastic cover, nothing on the rear of it like the PF, nothing in the front, wires come in to the ECU on the pass. side. No idea if it is supposed to be mounted that way, will have to pull the seat and take a look.

I disconnected the battery a few times today so I doubt their will be any codes stored right now.

Had the engine running today a few times !!!

I didn't really do anything except, add fuel to the TB and than it started after a few tries, the fuel pump does prime when you turn the key on, haven't checked it today yet

Edited by ahardb0dy

Today, removed the oil filter, added a quart of engine flush and 3 quarts of cheap oil and a cheap (Fram) filter, let it run for about 5 minutes per the flush instructions, cooled the block with the garden hose running into the lower rad hose, water was coming out hot from the other rad hose than got cooler.

Engine started right up on it's own and ran fine just noisy, sounds like towards the rear of the head, possibly the oil pump is clogged or something, no idea.

Shut the engine off, drained the oil/water, still looked like a milk shake, removed the filter, installed another fram filter and filled with new cheap oil,

Quit for the night.

Sounds like you have cracked block/head/headgasket type issue. Once you drained and refilled and residual water should have distributed out in the new oil not turned it milky.

• 1 month later...

So today my mech. buddy started working on the truck, last week he hooked the radiator back up and filled the cooling system and performed a pressure test after letting the truck warm up , he ran it about an hour, never over heated, temp was normal, he said it never lost pressure so he determined the head and head gasket were ok.

I was thinking the oil had to be coming from the timing chain wearing through the front cover.

He drained the oil and it did look milky, removed the oil pan and got about another quart of oil out of it. He said the oil did not drain out completely through the drain plug because the broken pieces of the timing chain guide was blocking the hole.

Removed the valve cover and said the oil under the cam looked good, no signs of water mixed with it.

Remove the front cover, oil was clean at the crank area also. Removed the water pump and other than being all rusty,. probably from PO using straight water it was just water, no signs of oil

There was a wear mark on the inside of the front cover but it had not worn all the way through.

No idea where the oil and water mixed, starting to think someone put water in the oil, don't know.

He said the truck started fine and he drove it into his shop, he said it has a slight tick but it may go away.

Tomorrow he will start cleaning everything and said maybe Sunday he will have it back together and running.

The brake booster I bought looks identical to the one that is in the truck, did not see the inside of the stock one yet to compare but the under hood parts look the same.

He's going to replace the complete timing set, water pump, thermostat, oil pan and valve cover gaskets, PVC valve and possibly the oil pump.

Weird there is no sign of where oil mixed with the water, when the water pump was removed it was pure water that came out.

Have to wait a few more days and should see how it runs, he also said the truck looked clean ( he had it on his lift and was the first time either of us had seen under it, he said it's definitely a Florid a truck and the PO had spent a lot on all the new parts.