Rubbing

96pfinderSE

a stock path with 31s will rub a bit only on the plastic liner in front of the tire...i just left it on and let it rub, i think its better than having mud flung up all in there. now 32s on the other hand you'll have to take front mud flaps off and do some cutting on your fender

1.jpg

my hubby trimming the inside of the wheel well of a buddy's LIFTED pathy to fit 32's

only had to trim plastic... and as you can tell - not much had to come off B)

edit: added 'lifted'

Edited by Pezzy

darn, I was hoping 32s would fit perfectly without trimming.

I'm on my way to purchasing set of 5 tires. Would 31s fit on my '97 without trimming? Right now I'm using "bald" 265/70R15s. I really don't know how tall those are. I'll be purchasing them within 2 weeks. Sam's Club needs me to special order them and Sear's only has Dunlop. Anything good/bad about Dunlop?

Pezzy those are some sick tires you know what kind they are? And thnks for the pic.

after some searching I found this info:

Telluride YKS M/T by West lake

32"

It's a 10ply light truck.

0.jpg

edit: funny, the pic worked last night ???

Edited by Pezzy

tire01.JPG

tire02.JPG

These are my tires as of right now. They're pretty bald so try and picture them brand new. B) If these are 30s will 31s fit without trimming? What's better for gas mileage 30s or 31s?

Edited by 90seven

Well if you're going to stay with those stock SE rims and slap on 31's you won't need to trim. It wasn't until I put them on my rockcrawlers, 15x8" with 3.75" backspacing that there was a little more rubbing. Thats only when the wheel is fully turned. But even now its minimal.

I am waiting for it to warm up this spring before I put a heat gun to the fender liners and push them in. That looks like what Pezzy's hubby is doing. I've read from other people that it works really well. No need to cut just heat em up and push em in. Its easier if you pull the whole liner out.

...put a heat gun to the fender liners and push them in. That looks like what Pezzy's hubby is doing...

actually - he trimmed it with the dremel (except it was dewalt brand)

...put a heat gun to the fender liners and push them in. That looks like what Pezzy's hubby is doing...

actually - he trimmed it with the dremel (except it was dewalt brand)

Ahhh ok...I thought it was a DeWalt tool he was using. Either method with heat gun or trimming will work.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 31's on my stock pathy and she rubbed and rubbed some more...ended up rubbing right through the plastic stuff and creating a flap in the well. So, i took a utility knife and cut right through the rest of it (neatly, of course).

once it rubbed a little I could easily see where it should be cut.

I wish i knew than what i know now...i would have heated 'em up and pushed 'em aside.