The Big Move: finally... we got it¡

SUPERPOLLO

Hello¡¡¡ me again...

I am so happy, finally I've got it¡ we got it¡ My nissan Terrano/Pathfinder is in the yard of the house¡ You can not imagine my feeling when I look out the window and see my old friend with me, after many months of paperwork, dificulties, sleepless nights (ok, last night just driving from Houston to Rio Rancho)... you can not imagine, how much I love that car, even more now.

It does'nt matter¡... 22 years old¡ 200.000 miles¡ slow like a turtle, so what?¡

I will never let it down

Do you want to follow our trip? (with pics, now I have pics¡¡¡)

Yes please :-) that's great, I'm so happy for you! I'm relieved to hear that all is well with the vehicle and you were able to get it, that is good news. What did you think of Houston, and TX in general? Did y'all have any issues finding the warehouse? Congrats, oh, how did the mileage go?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The plan was driving last monday from my home in Rio Rancho (New Mexico) to Houston to pick up the car. First of, let me introduce you my family, they helped me to do this reality, I am so grateful¡

Let me introduce you the...Pathfinder rescue gang of 62 (they all add up to more than 200 years) from left to right:

Ernie: my father in law, he got a new Subaru crossroad few months ago, he drove us to Houston to pick up the nissan.

Don: my uncle, in other years wellknown like Don Ferrari (jaajjjaj hahaha)

Greg: my husband

Thank you very much¡¡¡ this is pic is made somewhere close San Antonio by the highway 10 in Texas

20140421_141258-1_zps9e969308.jpg

We arrived Houston monday night 11.30 PM, long trip¡¡¡ went to sleep at a hotel, tuesday was going to be a hard day¡¡¡ Get up early, first go to the MVD to get the permission, after go to the warehouse and pick up the car...it does'nt seem to be difficult, but always something happens. At the MVD they needed more than two hours to give me the permission¡¡¡ finally....

9001a0e1-40ec-4023-9ca3-d3063311405d_zps

then let's go to the warehouse¡¡ one hour driving through Houston (arrgggghhh) so stressed.

Then, at the warehouse, I saw my nice nissan between mountains of boxes, machines, palets.... what a feeling to see it again¡¡¡ you culd never imagine.

The manager of the warehouse told me: "I think that car has a problem, we needed to move the care by the warehouse, but we could'nt start it..." :wtf:

I said "ok, let me see" .... the battery was unplugged, obviously, and the tank drained¡¡¡ the car was shipped¡¡¡ that was the problem. Then we went for a gallon diesel and plug battery... let's turn the key... the first I started the motor¡¡¡

Thanks to the warehouse, they keep well my nissan, and they helped me to tight the cables of the battery and a can to get the fuel. This pic is me and my nissan out of the warehouse.

Thanks everybody¡¡¡

20140422_110608_zpsd0b3f495.jpg

For luck we had the gas station close to the warehouse, then let's go fill it up¡¡¡

Someone told me in this forum it's so cool to have a diesel pathfinder / terrano in the land of the gas¡¡¡

84c2a95f-75f0-4158-b1d5-887dfcb407a5_zps

• Like 1

Here we go¡¡¡

My father in law and my uncle will follow the nissan, We started the way home at 13.00 ,PM, it's going to be a hard trip¡¡¡

3133bf18-3703-4e09-a78f-f339b8d72985_zps

You can not imagine my feeling, the experience, driving my old friend through the United States. I could not belive it¡¡¡ the car, the road, the landscape, and me...

20140422_125526_zps0137cbf7.jpg

Know what? I still had a quarter tank fuel when I arrived to Amarillo, 600 miles far from Houston¡¡¡ Was time ago I did'nt check the consum of the car. But I was so tired¡¡¡ Needed to stop and sleep for a couple hours.

Then just awake and let's go again¡¡¡ About 8.00 AM wednesday we arrived home. Now, I look out the window and I can see my nissan. What a feeling.

Thanks everybody: my husband, my father/mother in law, uncle, mamily, Will Move World Wide SL, CMA-CGM, vessel Primavera, Air7Seas, warehouse... and you, all you NPORA members ...

1398304697731_zps25488d18.jpg

• Like 1

That is a great story! Thanks for sharing the pictures as well, it really ties it all together!

I know you put a lot of time and effort into transporting it, but I dare say it was worth it. You now have an extremely rare vehicle in the US, a LHD Terrano TD. Congratulations!

Now, it looks like your torsion bars for the front suspension have sagged a bit, and odds are the compression rod bushings need to be changed as well... :D

B

• Like 2

That is a great story! Thanks for sharing the pictures as well, it really ties it all together!

I know you put a lot of time and effort into transporting it, but I dare say it was worth it. You now have an extremely rare vehicle in the US, a LHD Terrano TD. Congratulations!

Now, it looks like your torsion bars for the front suspension have sagged a bit, and odds are the compression rod bushings need to be changed as well... :D

B

Thanks, really you are precise¡¡¡ yes, it looks like, well the car needs a little fine tunning, was waiting for it to do it, in Barcelona is rare too, I can not find pieces, replacements, antenna, gas for the air conditioner...

Lately I did'nt use it too much off-road, but now I think we started a new life.

Thanks¡

:lmao:

Yes please :-) that's great, I'm so happy for you! I'm relieved to hear that all is well with the vehicle and you were able to get it, that is good news. What did you think of Houston, and TX in general? Did y'all have any issues finding the warehouse? Congrats, oh, how did the mileage go?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Hello¡¡¡ thanks for all your support all this way, only to know was somebody there reading the story was a lot.

The car is perfect¡¡¡ I had fear couse it was for a long time in the storage, many months. But it runs perfect¡¡¡ Houston got me crazy, well, all big cities drives me crazy. We found the warehouse well, thanks¡¡¡ we note your advices¡¡¡

The mileage was good. I fill the tank in Houston, 17 gallons, and still had almost 1/4 tank in Amarillo, this is almost 600 miles. The car runs more than 40 miles/ gallon driving slow, 40-50 miles/hour. In the highway sometimes was running almost 70 milles/hour, then is a few more than 30 miles.

My nissan has a lighduty engine, no more than 100 horses. Mostly terranos have 125 horses. Slow like a turtle, but good mileage and funny¡¡¡

Congrats on the retrieval :D, get some pics up o the truck I'd love to see the happy face on the truck being reunited with ots owner:P

Thank youuu very much¡¡¡

ok, I will make more pics¡¡¡

Thanks, really you are precise¡¡¡ yes, it looks like, well the car needs a little fine tunning, was waiting for it to do it, in Barcelona is rare too, I can not find pieces, replacements, antenna, gas for the air conditioner...

Lately I did'nt use it too much off-road, but now I think we started a new life.

Thanks¡

:lmao:

Well, the good news is that most parts should be a lot cheaper here, other than perhaps engine components. I suspect Alkorahil (member here that runs an online dealership parts department) would probably be able to source diesel parts for you.

What I had mentioned is just an adjustment and usually $50 for bushings. Not that I recomment you do unnecessary work to the vehicle, but just get it into the shape you want. You'll find a lot of parts available int he junk yards and from members selling things as well.

To give you an idea of what is possible, This is my latest Pathfinder when I first bought it, completely stock...

NewPathy002p.jpg

And this is it about a year ago...

016.jpg

I'm still have some work to do (roof rack, rock sliders, rear bumper and interior modifications) but that is basically how it will be. Some people go a lot farther with tires, solid axles, etc but that is not for me...

Look around in the Member's Rides section at the bottom of the main page to get some ideas. Stock, mild or wild, it is up to you. ;)

B

• Like 1

Well, the good news is that most parts should be a lot cheaper here, other than perhaps engine components. I suspect Alkorahil (member here that runs an online dealership parts department) would probably be able to source diesel parts for you.

What I had mentioned is just an adjustment and usually $50 for bushings. Not that I recomment you do unnecessary work to the vehicle, but just get it into the shape you want. You'll find a lot of parts available int he junk yards and from members selling things as well.

To give you an idea of what is possible, This is my latest Pathfinder when I first bought it, completely stock...

Posted Image

And this is it about a year ago...

Posted Image

I'm still have some work to do (roof rack, rock sliders, rear bumper and interior modifications) but that is basically how it will be. Some people go a lot farther with tires, solid axles, etc but that is not for me...

Look around in the Member's Rides section at the bottom of the main page to get some ideas. Stock, mild or wild, it is up to you. ;)

B

wow!!! good job

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Sorry I think the pic I posted this morning was wrong. This is my nissan and me in the MVD in Rio Rancho, we got our license¡ That was easy¡

2d670887-e3a2-434b-93ed-91fe1ece3105_zps
  • Like 1

Congrats on the retrieval :D, get some pics up o the truck I'd love to see the happy face on the truck being reunited with ots owner:P

I just post a pic¡¡¡, dedicated...

Wow, I loved following this adventure that you posted for us!! I think most of us on this forum can appreciate the affection that you have for your 22 year old truck.... I cannot seem to get them out of my system, having just purchased my 3rd a while back (this one's a keeper!!). I am even planning to get another to build and off road!! Enjoy driving your old friend!!

:beer: Boot

• Like 1