new struts have vibration in it please help

Hi I've just recently replaced the front struts on my 97 pathfinder it was driving great for a week or so. now there is vibration in the strut but mostly vibrates on the up stroke. The springs and top mounts are old but still looked in good condition so they stayed. would they be the problem or is it something else. When you put your finger on the centre bolt ( middle one on top mount) and then bounce the front of the car you can feel it vibrating pretty bad.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

What brand of strut? outside chance that it might be faulty.

does speed influence the vibration?

just to be on the safe side, check to see if a wheel weight wasn't accidentally knocked off.

is everything tight and torqued properly? I've F'ed that up once or twice. I'd put it on the "wall of shame" but I don't have pictures.

go back and check bushings as well. any play in the sway bar end links?

did you have an alignment after the struts were installed?

thats all I can think to check for now.

good luck.

Thanks for that bushnut they are ultima struts. I'm pretty sure they must be faulty cause I've done all that bar a wheel alignment but its not pulling left or right and is driving well apart from the vibration.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

No chance of rust damage in the shock tower ? There has been a recall for that and the symptoms do look like yours... Check if the steering linkage does not touch the inner portion of the shock tower...

They where put on about two weeks ago. Its more like a steel on steel grinding noise like its not greased. And as they warm up the noise quites down and almost goes away. And no noise over 35 MPH. Ill try get a video to post might help.