The Seats...

Magnum96

Alright, now my wife has a pinched nerve in her very lower back ( almost her rear end). She has problems with different seats in vehicles and ever since I got my Finder she has had a hard time riding in it for let's say an hour trip back to our home town. I'm just fine in it but then again I don't have a pinched nerve. We have tried everything that the doctors say to try, even steroid injections. Nothing seems to help. Now she has a 2012 Chevy Cruze that she does just fine in for like a 4 hour trip in the car. I don't know if it's the way the you sit in the Pathy or the stiffness of the seats. So this summer I'm thinking changing the seats in the Pathy once i get my new shop and the new house. Have any of you guys ever done a seat swap? if so, how hard was it to get everything lined up right? Also what seats did you use? I'm gonna have her sit on a few and tell me what she likes. Shoot me any idea's guys.

Thanks

Devyn

The passenger seat in my car has become famous among my friends, for its slight "hump" right under where ones tail bone would be.

I've day dreamed about putting in some Recaro's in my Pathfinder, but they are like $1200 (EACH) and serve not purpose in there. See if the updated model Pathfinder seats are any better (hit up a dealership and take a seat for a while). Find one being parted out (eBay is the best resource for something like that), If you have grey interior like me, the black LE seats might looks out of place, but the tan-ish brown was the same (i think) through all of the R50. (It might have a slight tone change, so do some research).

Thats all i can think of, for and easy bolt in solution, just make sure to try and find manual seats otherwise you are going to be wiring up some power ones. Which would be nice, just time consuming.

-Kyle

Maybe look into swapping in some QX4 seats? I know they're leather and powered etc, but definitely are plusher. Otherwise look in junkyards at some Maxima seat frames etc, you never know what'll fit. :shrug:

The passenger seat in my car has become famous among my friends, for its slight "hump" right under where ones tail bone would be.

I've day dreamed about putting in some Recaro's in my Pathfinder, but they are like $1200 (EACH) and serve not purpose in there. See if the updated model Pathfinder seats are any better (hit up a dealership and take a seat for a while). Find one being parted out (eBay is the best resource for something like that), If you have grey interior like me, the black LE seats might looks out of place, but the tan-ish brown was the same (i think) through all of the R50. (It might have a slight tone change, so do some research).

Thats all i can think of, for and easy bolt in solution, just make sure to try and find manual seats otherwise you are going to be wiring up some power ones. Which would be nice, just time consuming.

-Kyle

Thanks for the idea's. I thinking of finding a updated one to feel the seats as well. I never thought of that! Thanks!

My 2001 LE (leather, power, heated...) are nice. Seriously, subtract the heated/power and they one of the better, more comfortable seats I've ever had in a vehicle...wait, that might not be saying much if you knew my list of previous vehicles.

Thanks for the idea's. I thinking of finding a updated one to feel the seats as well. I never thought of that! Thanks!

No problem, see if you can get a hold of the updated model seats and see if just the cushion part of the updated seats, will work on your original, manual seat frames. I've always been curious if Nissan used the same cushions and track, but made them motorized for the updated model.

-Kyle

No problem, see if you can get a hold of the updated model seats and see if just the cushion part of the updated seats, will work on your original, manual seat frames. I've always been curious if Nissan used the same cushions and track, but made them motorized for the updated model.

-Kyle

Possibly, my SE seats are 100% manual and extremely comfortable. Worth a look for sure, they are quite firm but provide lots of support, comfortable even on 10+ hour road trips.

I have a Chilkoot with manual seats that are more comfortable than my Lazyboy. But I have put spacers under the back mounts to tilt me a bit so I'm now more comfortable since I broke my back. I haven't worked since Christmas but I have been going out and sitting in the truck because it's better than anyware else I have to sit.

Possibly, my SE seats are 100% manual and extremely comfortable. Worth a look for sure, they are quite firm but provide lots of support, comfortable even on 10+ hour road trips.

Thats actually very encouraging to hear, because i personally prefer my manual seats, its so easy to find my position every time, all the way back and get the angle just right, little bit of lumbar and boom away i go.

I really want to try retrofitting some updated platinum edition black heated cushions now on to my manual tracks!!

Plus no mess of having to wire up power and memory blah, heck even the new Aventador, has manual seats.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123