loss of electrical at idle

podaddy065

1999 Pathfinder LE 3.3L....my blower motor and radio cut out when my RPM's are less than 1200, as soon as I accelerate it all comes back on, then off again when i let off the throttle.also getting intermittent air bag light and what sounds like a weak sensor buzzing coming from drivers side kick panel...any ideas??

Your alternator could be failing or the connections to the alternator, battery, ground, chassis could be corroded and not conduction properly. Start with a visual inspection...

B

• Like 1

measure the voltage at your battery at idle... anything less than 13.5v means you alty is going down...

S.

This. Also, multiple dash "dummy" lights are usually an indication of a failing alernator.

thanks B I've been thru most connections all seem good gonna keep going over it tho ty again

You are welcome. I almost always recommend inspecting and testing before removing/replacing but it sounds like you have done that. As long as wires/connections look good, the afore mentioned voltage test is the next step, then removing the alternator and taking it in to have it load tested. Thankfully none of this is difficult, but hopefully you have a garage to work in/spare vehicle for a few days.

B

Defiantely a lack of power.

Mine did that in a snow storm many years ago.

I had heater, blower, rear defost, headlights, foglights, roof lights, radio, wipers all on.

At a stop light, when every the delay on the wiper would trun the wipers on, the radio would cut out.....too much power draw.