Front Grill Swaps?

I think it should be 100% possible. Especially considering LE/SEs all use the same hoods, lights, and bumpers, meaning the hole for the grille is the same. See if you can get under the hood of the two kinds, they should both be a few screws and some clips.

May just be the pictures but to me it looks like the edges of your grill sit at angles as such \___/ where the 'mesh' one looks the be a truer vertical, more a I___I. I would say make sure you get the matching filler pieces that fill between the headlights and grill, just to make sure as well

That's exactly what I was seeing to nunya. It's hard to find r50's around here at the pick in pulls. I'll keep my eyes open to see if one comes up and see if it's the right grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an LE one in my garage that i pulled (building my stash for when i can update my 96) and i'm 99.9999% sure that they should be no different in how they mount, or fit... I know for a fact the core support is the same from 1996 to 2003 and i'm fairly sure the hood release mount and external temperature sensor mount is the same as well (haven't confirmed with parts numbers yet).

The painted parts next to the grille are actually part of the grill, so from the inside edge of each headlight is the grille itself, not just whats inside the chrome.

Nissan actually sells this part New (the LE one at least) and PRE-PAINTED from Nissan. I was asking Rob, i was getting like $168-ish without the $35 dollar Nissan Badge, so $220 ish you have a brand new, painted by Nissan, grille, that's the route i'd like to go unless i can score a clean LE one... :ph33r:

Ill take your old LE one (maybe even help track down an SE one if you're nice enough, :happy: ) The one i pulled is broken and has thousands of miles of road chips and generally wont work for how OCD i am about my car. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to get rid of it...

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Deal man, ill even pay shipping, haha

Ill keep my eye posted around my local yards for an SE grill too, those actually come up now and and again (WHICH I LOVE!!) Come to think of it, there is an SE in my Lake Stevens Yard right now! ( :doh: Just checked its an LE!, DANGIT)

Ill head out next week and see if the grill is still there.

But like i said, the parts outside of the grill are color coded to your car, and i don't think i have EVER seen a Glacier White SE, they were almost always two tones, with the exception of maybe some of the black ones, IDK for sure, but a sold color SE is about as rare as seeing the Crystal Blue Metallic or Burnt Copper Metallic or Pearl LE (if they EVER did a sold color SE). My point being is you're going to have to have the grille painted, as long as you are aware of that, im good. :laugh:

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

The painted parts next to the grille are actually part of the grill, so from the inside edge of each headlight is the grille itself, not just whats inside the chrome.

-Kyle

A quite useful tidbit of info making my concern null and void, learned my new fact of the day early :aok:
  • Like 1

A quite useful tidbit of info making my concern null and void, learned my new fact of the day early :aok:

Glad i could help!!

I remember that i found another updated pathfinder (SE) at one of my local yards, took a picture of it too!

13335762633_2520e1a2c0_c.jpg

As you can see, there was a little bit of water, about a foot in some places!!!

didn't really have my wading gear on me, lol but ill call them up and see if they still have flooding issues, and head back, i want a hood!!

-Kyle

Very cool guys. Just to clarify the grille is definitely vertical on the sides on SEs. I personally prefer my SE grille in black, but that's just me. Hope you find it and if I can help, just holler :)