Wheel bearings and race.

MrEviLDeD

Thanks. When I get the other side done and retorqued I will have someone do a wheel alignment, I am not sure I am ready for the wheel alignment bit myself. Should take care of it. I located the wheel bearing socket so have one of those on order as well. will be able to make sure to torque it down properly.

I appreciate all the help, thank you.

Hey man, the wheel bearing locknut should only be tight enough that there is no play when the tire is on and you wiggle it by hand. No more than that. Pretty much finger tight.

Edited by adamzan

Hey man, the wheel bearing locknut should only be tight enough that there is no play when the tire is on and you wiggle it by hand. No more than that. Pretty much finger tight.

That is what I did. However I believe that I may have hand tightened it a couple of turns (at least one) to tights for 0-foot pounds.

and the tension tool they show in the FSM looks like one of those scales you use to weigh fish ! LOL

I assumed that was what it was :) Even looked them up at CT to see how much. :)

WIth that said I located a tool for the lock ring, have ordered one so either way I will have the proper tool for the job and can revisit the bearing seat etc again right before going in for the inspection just to make sure.. Well at least right before taking the truck in for a proper wheel alignment..

Question. Will they know the toe in and such for the pathfinder? Will they just do a 0-toe? I would like for the pathy to not wander and just wanted to make sure that I do not have to ask before hand for proper toe-in.

Edited by MrEviLDeD

alignment shop will have all the specs, just have to watch they don't lower the front end, especially if the torsion bars are cranked to make it higher, my truck they actually had to raise slightly to bring it into spec. Some shops may try to tell you it can't be aligned because it is "lifted" that's BS and any shop that says that doesn't want to do the work. Find another one if that happens

How do I know if it is "lifted" I will say it seems higher than my other pathfinder, but that could be caused by a number of things. I know I haven't done anything and the fellow I bought it front never mentioned it. I will be under there tomorrow the good part of all day so if you tell me what to look for I can answer that more specifically.

It's probably not lifted, I meant if the torsion bars were cranked to make the front higher more than the height it would normally be stock, like on some peoples trucks where they crank the bars and make the front end so high the upper control arm is sitting on the rubber bumpstop.

In that picture the XE was completely stock. I had all my tools and such in the SE. So no load in the XE in that picture. So my rear springs need to re placed too.. lol...