Front wheel bearing 1991 pathfinder 2 x 4 with lock washer and wheel bearing lock nut

Captain_Crazy

I'm going to move this to the Garage section for better exposure...

Ok, I have not disassembled a 2x4 front bearing assembly, but the FSM shows the same set up as the 4x4. You have a lock nut and lock washer and on the face of the lock washer is a small philips head machine screw. Remove that, slip the lock washer off and unscrew the lock nut.

This is shown on pare FA-17 of the FSM. To download a copy of the Fatcory Service Manual, look in the Garage section for the pinned thread. 1994 is the earliest year, but it will apply to the important 90% of your truck.

Welcome to NPORA BTW... :beer:

B

This is what I get from the 1990 FSM, this says truck/pathfinder but the FSM page Precise referenced is different than this diagram and is more like the 4wd setup minus the cv axle

2d6vev4.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

Remove the cap, then remove the lock washer and the bearing lock nut. After removing the bearing lock nut you should be looking at the outer bearing. remove the outerbearking carefully and place it somewhere clean.

remove the hub, the inner bearing will probably come off the spindle with the hub, be careful it doenst drop on the ground when removing the hub.

My book showed what i thought to be a puller, Then i realized it was a tool to rotate the ring with holes in it off, I seen a youtube with the guy using needle nose pliers to rotate it. I'm going to see now, I'll let ya'll know :), Thanks Guys :).