New 2000, just gimme a list :)

calipath

As my profile states, I just bought a 2000 Pathfinder for $1500. The owner said it needed cv shafts as it is all over the place in 2wd on road. Much better in 4wd off road. Well I found the rear pitman arm has 1/4 in play as well. I am wanting a small lift 2-3in and whell spacers. Will be putting 31's but want a little space and stance. Dont do alot of of roading or crawling. But live down a ROUPH 5 mile dirt road. I tried to find a complete front and back suspension lift that came with everything. Not thinking that exists. (Idea?). Is there a parts list somewhere of matching shocks springs joints ect? Something middle of the road like fox or rancho ect. You tell me what worked for you. I will print the parts list and order. I may replace a few extra parts while I gave it torn down. Any thoughts? Thanks for being here! MITCH

Welcome! There's plenty of lift options, it really depends how much you're willing to dish out. I'm ballin' on a budget so I went with 2" coil spacers with re-tread 32"s. If you check out this link --> (http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/19867-max-tire-size-vs-lift-kit-used-vs-custom-or-oe-wheels/) you'll get to see some different stances and setups. Best of luck to ya!

I would suggest going to ruggedrocks.com and getting their OME springs- HD in the front (2928) and MD (2922) in the rear. Go to 4x4parts.com and order rear extended length bilstein 5100s, and rockauto.com for front KYB GR-2 struts. Go on amazon and buy WARN 29091 premium manual hubs for the front. This setup yields good off road control, superior handling, decent mpg and a good look.

Hope it helps! PM me if you need any help, I'll reply promptly :D

Edited by Karmann

Im on a budget of around $1000 for front and back. I want a decent ride. Thanks a bunch. I was suprised to see comments already. I will follow the links. I started reading the first thread. Lots of nice pics and ideas. Haha im an indecisive person. I just want a nice ride going down my mountain road. A nice stance is sweet as well.

Thanks carman thats what I was looking for. That should be all my mechanic needs to finish the lift ect? Anythhing else I should buy and have him change at the same time?

No you wont if you are still around stock size tire up to 31" and no more than 10" wide.

But anymore than that and you will need spacers or wheels with different offset.

Definitely replace your rear lower and upper control arm bushings. You can order them from 4x4parts.com. Or you can just replace them as a whole unit. Which ever is cheaper/better for you.

Then do struts/shocks with lift springs. As for which springs, there are numerous threads on that. Just in this thread there are 3 of us that all run different springs!!

Thanks carman thats what I was looking for. That should be all my mechanic needs to finish the lift ect? Anythhing else I should buy and have him change at the same time?

Wheel spacers are not needed with my tire size (245/75r16), I'm not a big fan of them anyway, unless they're totally necessary. While he's down there he should change the strut bearing and possibly the strut mount if it gives you issues. (Do NOT buy a KYB mount.) otherwise, if you do the above, assuming other parts aren't exhibiting wear signs, it should be enough. Also some people require camber adjustment bolts, but I didnt, so it's on a case by case basis.

There's some pictures in my build thread of my setup, but I'll post one here as well once I'm off work. A note about my lift- I have MD front springs and a 1" 4x4design spacer in front to level it. Buying the HD springs I listed will negate the need for the spacer. Just thought I'd give you a heads up, as results may vary :D

As my profile states, I just bought a 2000 Pathfinder for $1500. The owner said it needed cv shafts as it is all over the place in 2wd on road. Much better in 4wd off road. Well I found the rear pitman arm has 1/4 in play as well. I am wanting a small lift 2-3in and whell spacers. Will be putting 31's but want a little space and stance. Dont do alot of of roading or crawling. But live down a ROUPH 5 mile dirt road. I tried to find a complete front and back suspension lift that came with everything. Not thinking that exists. (Idea?). Is there a parts list somewhere of matching shocks springs joints ect? Something middle of the road like fox or rancho ect. You tell me what worked for you. I will print the parts list and order. I may replace a few extra parts while I gave it torn down. Any thoughts? Thanks for being here! MITCH

The CV shafts don't have anything to do with the steering or stability (unless severely binding or something) . More likely wheel bearings, tie rod ends and apparently the bushings for the steering rack can give out as well.

Manual hubs will stop the front CVs from spinning all the time so they don't wear as fast and should increase MPG a little. Mile Marker #435 for 1990-1996 with fit as well and be a bit cheaper than Warn. I have a set on our 1999.0 and they work fine.

B