ID'ing Manual Transmission

TXPower

Trying to figure out if my 1993 SE Model has the FS5W71C or FS5R30A Manual Transmission. Is there a badge on the tranny, something in the VIN or a way thru visual inspection to tell?

Thanks,

TXPower

Think I may have answered my own question looking thru my FSM but please confirm....... It looks like the FS5W71C was coupled with the KA24E, so earlier Pathy's? And my 1993 has the FS5R30A coupled with the VG30e, right?

TXPower

Slartibartfast, that's what I was looking at too, the beergarage rebuild. I'm actually considering doing mind myself. I have most of the tools he used. I may have to make a few custom fab adjustments on pullers like that dude did and I think I'll go buy a 12 ton or bigger press. But yeah, I'm probably gonna rebuild mine. I'm not in a hurry, so I can take my time. Besides, the same tranny or a later model one from an R50 or other Nissan with 100k plus goes for a minimum 500 bucks round here. With like a 60 day warranty at most. I've got my dad for help and advice too, he used to rebuild Muncie and Saginaws back in the day.

TXPower

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend a supplier for MT rebuild kits from experience or a trusted source? The guy on the beergarage site mentions 2 but I was just wondering if any of our members had rebuilt their 5spd and could point me to a quality supplier?

Thx,

TXPower

Yeah, ahardb0dy I saw that the beergarage rebuild was 2wd. The FSM shows both 2wd and 4wd models. Exploded view shows the differences which is mainly in the last section of the tranny case, before it mates to the T-case.

TXPower