Truck drives weird.

silverton

I got an alignment two weeks ago, so the alignment is fine. I took it wheeling this last weekend and had a grand ole time! To get out of my driveway today I needed to put it in four wheel drive. The roads are bare but it shimmys on the road while in four wheel drive. But the alignment should be fine, because I just got it done.

WHAT COULD IT BE???

Some more information includes, but not limited to, I work at an alignment shop. And someone who is smarter, more experienced, older than me has been wheeling longer than I've been off my mothers tit.

That last bit wasn't English, so...

UCA bolts. Are they tight/no shims dropped? U joints or CV joints?

I'll refrain from other guesses.

B

I'm just being an ass. Facebook NPORA group member asked why his truck shimmied while in four wheel drive on bare pavement.

I said he needed an alignment. He didn't like that answer because he had just gotten one, two weeks ago. But he went wheeling this last weekend, so it should still be good right? That's when I said it's recommended to get an alignment after every trip off road. He still didn't like my answer. That's when another group member popped in and said that I must work at an alignment shop and that I don't know what I'm talking about because he's been wheeling since I was just a baby. Which I'm sure I've done more wheeling in four years than he's done his entire life.

Either way, the OP ended up deleting the post after he asked me to stop telling him he needed an alignment.

Edited by silverton