Brake pad replacement

vanuatoo

No special tools are required to change the pads, just place the old bad against the piston and use a C-clamp to push them back into the caliper. I dont know if there is a step by step here but here is a video that deals with them.

Dude is kinda crazy but shows how its done

why not just go the local hardware store? buy local help your economy.

I would gladly do if I have lived in US :)

There are some stores in my country of this type, but it's much easier for me to buy online.

I don't mean to sound rude but... there is a store where you can buy a computer and have you internet access but no store where you can buy a simple C-clamp? I suppose I just take some things for granted. no disrespect intended.

I don't mean to sound rude but... there is a store where you can buy a computer and have you internet access but no store where you can buy a simple C-clamp? I suppose I just take some things for granted. no disrespect intended.

There are several stores where you can buy equipment but there are only a few of them and I don't know in which I will find 6 inch C-clamp and I don't want to waste my time.

On your question answer is: Yes it's easier to buy a computer than a C-clamp, at least for me.

In US many things that exist are natural to you, because you produce automobiles, we don't.

You expect that there is a store where you can find all the automotive staff, there is a mall, there is a fast food shop, there is a bakery, etc...

Unfortunately in my country no such culture exists regarding to automobiles, of course we have plenty other things I've listed. :)

In my childhood when we were part of soviet empire, there were specialized hardware stores where you could go and find all things in one place.

Now there are special markets where you can find these things but they are not organized well and it will take hours to find what I want.

And for me it takes 30 minutes to buy something online in US and import it in my country after some time.

Another strange thing: In my country not many people know how to fill up the car, because there are no self-serviced gas stations.

On every station there are people who serve cars 24x7.

Edited by vanuatoo

I've done this twice myself (please read = that this is pretty easy to do) using a C-Clamp almost identical to the one you've linked to - it's pretty straight forward once you get in there.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Is there step-by-step instructions how to do that on 4x4 2003 pathy?

Will I need special tool, like caliper compressor?

Besides a C clamp, it's easy. If you have ever changed pads before, the only thing that might be different about this vehicle compared to others is that the pads are not contained within the caliper, but are held by a bracket bolted to the knuckle. So you remove the caliper and support it off to the side then the pads are still held in place around the rotor and come out separately.

Double check the sliding pins to make sure the pads are able to float side to side freely. If not, replace those while you are in there. (and my local auto parts store didn't have them, might need to be ordered from a parts supplier).

• 7 months later...