HELP :D My beloved 94 Pathfinder 4x4 won't start

Paulsgirl

I didn't have any trouble un-bolting the starter, disconnecting the wire and plug or getting it past the motor mount, getting it out the front past the tranny lines was where it got harder, but dropping the idler arm as I said made it easier.

I have an auto and I can take out in about ten minutes! Unbolt the wires and it just pulls out the front. You just need to turn it to clear the motor mount. Just be careful of the wire that goes to the battery it could be frayed at the end like mine was.

this is awesome :-) and I have little hands they can get into small spaces really easy. I'm going to roll for now with the fact that it will probably keep running with a few taps here and there. what if I can take it out the top it'll save me a lot of money time and hassle. happy Superbowl guys enjoy your weekend :-)

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

I have an auto and I can take out in about ten minutes! Unbolt the wires and it just pulls out the front. You just need to turn it to clear the motor mount. Just be careful of the wire that goes to the battery it could be frayed at the end like mine was.

your special !!

But it takes you two days to get outside because it's always so cold up there ! LOL

Welcome to the boards. Great place and great people to be found here. I really have nothing to offer the thread except to augment the information listed by PerlNinja. I find it much easier in a manual Pathfinder to roll start from a higher gear, such as 3rd. Now do not do this if you have folks pushing as there will not be enough rotation to turn the engine at that gearing. However when ever you can roll, it helps use the weight of the vehicle to turn the engine.

I was lucky, when my Pathfinder wouldn't start it was as simple as replacing the ignition switch.

Good luck.