What does Fe + stand for

brc19761

Hi, I usually post in the1987-1995 pathffinder forums. I am looking to buy a 2007-2012 Nissan Pathfinder, but still keeping my old pathfinder. I have been mostly shopping online for over two weeks and just hit the dealerships this weekend. What does the Fe + stand for on some of the Pathfinders. I just knew if I googled it I would find the answer, but I could not find it anywhere on the net. I am thinking it may have something to do with types of fuel.

Thanks,

brc

Rob would be the expert here...but from the limited searching I did because you made me curious to find out is that FE stands for Fuel Efficiency. Nissan came out with FE and FE+ as a designation for their vehicles that got slightly better fuel economy in '09. It seems that FE+ Pathfinders are all 2WD.

If you are looking at that model of Pathfinder you should also try and take an Xterra out for a spin. Its not as fancy inside but same mechanicals and takes regular fuel instead of the Premium they suggest for the Pathfinder. I used to have an '05 and it was a really capable truck...you can toss just about anything into the back of it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response. I test drove the truck yesterday and you were exactly right. It stood for Fuel Efficiency +. The salesman said that the motor was designed to with direct injection for better gas milage.

Rob would be the expert here...but from the limited searching I did because you made me curious to find out is that FE stands for Fuel Efficiency. Nissan came out with FE and FE+ as a designation for their vehicles that got slightly better fuel economy in '09. It seems that FE+ Pathfinders are all 2WD.

If you are looking at that model of Pathfinder you should also try and take an Xterra out for a spin. Its not as fancy inside but same mechanicals and takes regular fuel instead of the Premium they suggest for the Pathfinder. I used to have an '05 and it was a really capable truck...you can toss just about anything into the back of it.

Pav is correct! Fuel Effecient and Fuel Effecient Plus