1995 pathfinder to 1999 pathfinder

LOVELADY

I own a 1995 Nissan pathfinder and three months ago the engine started to act weird and kept getting worse so I have decided to just put a new motor in it. My buddy has a 1999 pathfinder with a good motor in it but a body not worth fixing. So I'm wondering if the motor out of the 1999 will fit in my 1995 and mount to my tranny as well.

The engine in your 95 is a vg30e. The engine in your friends pathfinder is a vg33e. Same main engine design with the change of block with bored out cylinders and bigger pistons.3 litre to 3.3 litre. In short, yes it will fit. My 93 and my girlfriends 93 both have that engine now. There are many ways to accomplish it, but the easiest is to use Mr.510 adapter plate. This allows you to bolt all your accessories to the new motor and it will basically just drop in (with a few minor tweaks).

Search up 'vg33 swap' and you will get a whole bunch of info on it. basically you gain about 10% power from the conversion.

1995 vg30e = 153 horsepower, 180 lb ft torque

1999 vg33e = 170 horsepower, 202 lb ft torque.

As you can see its a nice little upgrade. I suggest it if you have the time and the means! Mr.510 adapter is between 80-110$, I can't remember exactly but they are on ebay if you look up vg33 crank adapter.

Nope. Engine mounts and transmission bolt right up. In short u strip the 99 motor down to the block and heads. Then u use the 95 motor intake and exhaust manifolds, and accessories/pulleys. It will all bolt to the new motor. Use the adapter on eBay if you want it to be the easiest. One bracket will probably have to be welded to change the offset of the tensioner, if u don't have a welder, u could take it in to a shop . It's a very small job, so it wouldn't cost more than 10-20$ cash if u don't have a welder

No problem, check out Mr.510 vg33 swap build thread for all the details. He already put up a guide with pictures on using his adapter for the swap. It's on here somewhere, lots of good info. If u run into any bottle necks then let us know, I've done the swap twice now and many others on here have as well. Make sure when you put the intake and exhaust manifold on to the new motor, use the appropriate gaskets for the intake manifold.(ex; if you use the upper AND lower intake manifold from the 95, then use a new gasket set for the 95 when u put it together, even though its yoing on the 99 motor. The upper manifold gasket is the same, but the lower gasket is thicker on the early intake manifolds so use the appropriate gasket for whichever lower manifold u use. Other than that the rest should all just line up.

• 1 month later...