About to order new Exhaust Manifolds, anything else i should buy while in there...

So i just got a little extra cash, and I've decided to FINALLY replaced my cracked exhaust manifolds, with the Dorman aftermarket ones available from Rockauto.com

My question to people who have done it, is while i'm down in that part of the engine, what else should i change or SHOULD change? or things that i should use, like should i get some OEM gaskets over the Dorman provided gaskets?

Obviously ill buy some extra bolts and stubs in-case the cat decides to rust itself in place.

My goal is better gas mileage so ill let everyone know how that actually works out when i'm all done...

-Kyle

The gaskets that come with them should be fine. I used a little copper RTV on mine, and no leaks. If all the studs and nuts come off nicely I would leave them be.

Make sure you clean ALL the old gasket off of the head though. I just had to remove my header while replacing the transmission, and I didn't scrap it all off, and now I have a leak.

You're going to want to take a die grinder and clean up the ports on those Doorman manifolds. The castings are disgusting. I spent a long time getting them smooth with many different bits when I did my friend's on her Xterra. The factory gaskets are MLS, I prefer those.