Gear Ratio to Tire Size Question

mikestewart395

What is your gear ratio now (inside engine bay passenger side should say HG 43 or 46) I'm going to assume 46.

For 31's I would really recommend changing them (unless it's 4.37 them I would just upgrade to 4.63 gears) I ran 31's stoke gearing, even on my pick up which is 4.37, this is a little list I have developed for myself

31's - 4.63

33's - 4.9

35's - 5.13

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I know my gears are not right for my tire size, the speedo is off by 5 mph exactly, according to the GPS. What gear size should I plan on installing? Specs are 88 Pathy, V6, tires are 31 10.50x15.

At what speed? Certainly not at any...

The two stock tire sizes for a WD21 are 235/75/15 (29x9") and 31x10.5x15". The difference in speedo reading is 7.3% with 31" tires on a 235 set up, or 75.1mph actual with 70mph displayed.

It would be easier to switch the sender gear than the actual gearing, there are a few threads on that here...

B

Agree with Precise, you need to know what size tires came originally on the truck, before changing anything.

PM your Vin number and I can look it up and tell you what size the truck came with when new, unless you have the tire size sticker in the door jamb.