Where can I find what OEM part was used?

mega4ce

I am doing a major tune up on my 2001 4x4 SE and I am having trouble figuring out what parts were used by Nissan on my truck. I want to do some shopping and find the best deals for the parts but I cannot find a list of original parts installed. Rotors/Pads, Oil/Fuel filters, etc. Anyone know where I can find this info? I know the dealers will have some nissan parts but I know that a lot of other parts are sourced from third party vendors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mega4ce

No quite sure what you're after, do you want all the original part numbers? Most after market parts places should be able to give you the correct parts if you tell them the year, engine, trim (SE, XE, etc), manual or AT & a couple of other details.

If you just want part numbers & prices www.nissanpartszone.com have factory schematics for everything.

I think he wants what BRANDS the nissan factory assembled the cars with originally. From what it sounds like.

This.^^ I want the factory parts but want to shop around for the best pricing.

I can vouch that they use Calsonic for the radiator.

I'm pretty sure Delphi for the Knock Sensor

Hitachi throttle body, TPMS and the other sensor on the TB.

And then Kyle94 knock out the rest, Bosch, Desno, NGK,

But keep in mind, while OEM is good stuff, its NOT ALWAYS the best. Other high end companies have to make their money by making run of the mill parts to keep the money flowing.

For example:

Pads and rotors, i know that Brembo (really great brand) makes a rear drums for our rigs, and then you can get Stop Tech (another great brand) fronts, for drilled and slotted and other options.

Don't get OEM pads, get some Hawk pads, great bang for buck. Although the last time I talked to Rob (Local Nissan OEM parts desk guy, i.e. a freekin' wizard when it comes to OEM parts) he had mentioned that he had some NISMO pads that would fit the pathfinders, the only down side he said were they made more brake dust than you'd expect. That the only other option i'd go with.

Oil filters, again, while OEM is good, its not ALWAYS the best way to go, especially being on a budget. Mobil 1 filters can be had at your local auto parts store for not much more than the generic FRAM (I.E. CRAP) filters they sell, or right around what OEM will go for, I've been running that for about 2 years, no complaints, i'm considering switching to Purolator pure one filters, after hearing from several people that they are the best money can buy.

Oil, again, OEM is good, but not always the best. Mobil 1, 5W-30, full synthetic can be had at Costco for $27.99 (when on sale, which is every other month) and comes in a box of 6. Thats $5.60 a quart, you are NEVER going to find Mobil 1 cheaper than what it is there. But check for availability first, every Costco across the country is different.

Fuel filter, while i don't like Fram filters after seeing all of the studies on different companies oil filters, i installed a Fram fuel filter before learning all of that. No complaints, i'm sure its doing the job, but next time round, ill be getting something else.

As far as suspension parts go, OEM is EXPENSIVE, i have completely fallen in love with Raybestos and their professional series, stuff is top notch. Highly recommend them.

As far as locating some of these items RockAuto.com is an excellent resource for parts and prices, be sure to go the Vendors forum and get the 5% discount (better than no discount).

Hope that helps. Let us know what specifically you are planning on doing, maybe other can give suggestions or tips?

-Kyle

I would periodically inspect your Fram fuel filter, Kyle. I've read anecdotal reports that the outer shell rusts quickly where other brands are fine after several years. Maybe just change it earlier than planned, i.e. after a year of use.

Bosch is oem for the o2 sensors, hitachi for most electronics like alternator, starter.

spark plugs are NGK, wires are sumitomo or yazaki, cap and rotor Hitachi (at least on mine it was).

Brakes are akebono

wheel bearings are NSK same with seals I'm pretty sure.

MAF is hitachi

AC stuff, radiator, heater stuff is calsonic

oem radio is sony/clarion depending on options.

light bulbs are koito