Anybody with a 1990 Pathfinder out there?

MY1PATH

Rare 90 two door (Preferred) or 90 four door VG30E
Can you take a picture of your emission label under the hood for me? It says important vehicle information across the top.

I already have one for a 1993 so I'm only interested in 1990.

Thanks!

Same label with the axle info?

No, that's the data plate you're thinking of.

He needs the emissions info with vacuum routing diagram (I'm assuming) which is generally affixed to the underside of the hood.

• Like 1

Yes, the one under the hood, I already have the oil and vacuum diagrams but I need the one that says "important vehicle information across the top" It will have the 15* ignition timing labeled on it. (my TBI -obsolete- label says 12*) as well as the correct engine family codes for the MPFI...
Bonus points if it says "State of California on it" in the last column of text.

Here's what my 93 one looks like, Photoshop can make it say 1990 but the bar code numbers and numbers on the bottom may not be correct for 1990.
th_EmissionLabel.jpg

Cool thanks, So the bar code on the right must either be a CA thing or a newer model thing.

88G10 appears to be the sticker code for 1990 Federal emissions MPFI Pathfinders

Edited by MY1PATH

Just out of curiosity what did you need it for?

California is extra strict with emissions, and he's replaced his TBI injection with MPFI, and I'm guessing he wants a 90 since they were the only available trucks that were 2 door with MPFI injection.

• Like 1

California is extra strict with emissions, and he's replaced his TBI injection with MPFI, and I'm guessing he wants a 90 since they were the only available trucks that were 2 door with MPFI injection.

Hit the nail on the head there!

CA has a difference between "engine change" and "engine replacement"

An engine replacement can certify smog as the original year model vehcile

An engine change must certify as whatever make and model the new engine came from(basically it has a 1989 vin but it appears as a 1993 in its smog registration per mandate from official smog referee) provided 1, the standard is equal to or higher than stock and 2 all emissions equipment for that donor make and model is included.

I can re certify my truck as a 93 but the passing standard for a 93 may have been higher than it was for a 90. And like silverton mentioned if it passes for 90 I might be able to get around whole re certify process from the very beginning.