Longer drive shaft

ejin4499

You can't get a different shaft. 2" suspension lift on front is reliable if you wheel hard.

3" with lowered diff bushes, calmini top arms and Porsche 930 outer cvs so I'm told

i think he meant the drive shaft that connects the trans/xcase to the rear diff? i dont think there are any issues with the factory drive shaft with a lifted pathy...I have 3" rear lift right now and the shaft length has barely changed, it's angle towards the x-member though might be of concern if your shocks are long enough, it may hit the x-member. I am going to modify a an upside U shape into the crossmember so the shaft can travel through it so to speak.

The only thing you really have to worry about is the tension on the e-brake cables. When you lift the rear (with longer shocks) and/or have a body lift you will break your cables if you don't extend them down further.

I am about to add another 1.5" of lift in the rear for a total of 4.5", so once I do that I'll let you know if I have to modify anything. I already made 3" drop brackets for the rear e-brake cables(they are super easy to make if you have a welder), but will probably extend them to around 5" since I have a 3" body lift but this will be based on your trucks setup.

If you were talking about the front cv joints then there aren't any longer ones that I know of but I am quite interested to know about the porsche 930 outer cvs? Do they travel further without binding or are they stronger?

Edited by Nefarious

i think he meant the drive shaft that connects the trans/xcase to the rear diff? i dont think there are any issues with the factory drive shaft with a lifted pathy...I have 3" rear lift right now and the shaft length has barely changed, it's angle towards the x-member though might be of concern if your shocks are long enough, it may hit the x-member. I am going to modify a an upside U shape into the crossmember so the shaft can travel through it so to speak.

The only thing you really have to worry about is the tension on the e-brake cables. When you lift the rear (with longer shocks) and/or have a body lift you will break your cables if you don't extend them down further.

I am about to add another 1.5" of lift in the rear for a total of 4.5", so once I do that I'll let you know if I have to modify anything. I already made 3" drop brackets for the rear e-brake cables(they are super easy to make if you have a welder), but will probably extend them to around 5" since I have a 3" body lift but this will be based on your trucks setup.

If you were talking about the front cv joints then there aren't any longer ones that I know of but I am quite interested to know about the porsche 930 outer cvs? Do they travel further without binding or are they stronger?

You nailed it. Sorry about my poor grammar that's what I get for posting between service calls.

I'm interested to know more about that Porsche swap too.

Edited by ejin4499

If you have disc on the rear, MY1PATH did a sweet trick I believe he made a write up on for flipping the cables to the top of the backing plate. As for the actual driveshafts, I can't recall anyone on here with any ammount of lift (with factory diffs of course. Swapped people dot apply) having issues with stock shafts.

If you have disc on the rear, MY1PATH did a sweet trick I believe he made a write up on for flipping the cables to the top of the backing plate. As for the actual driveshafts, I can't recall anyone on here with any ammount of lift (with factory diffs of course. Swapped people dot apply) having issues with stock shafts.

Awesome So I can lift to my little hearts content. :)

I saw that write up and did it the next day. Way easy and super simple.

for anyone who later finds this page and is looking for that writeup

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/29777-flipping-my-axles-this-weekend/?hl=%2Bbrake+%2Bswap+%2Bmy1path&do=findComment&comment=564975