Jeep Grand Cherokee Springs in the Rear

Karmann

So I just bought, without thinking quite enough, some Jeep Grand Cherokee springs for the rear of my pathy. They fit and lifted a WD pathy 2" in the rear. Will these work on my R50?

I think you'd be the first, IIRC. Cut the pigtails and find out it it fits then see the result

Uh oh. Well they're already cut, so I'm good there. Just hoping I didn't make a big mistake. :laugh:

Ok I've been researching. Does anyone know the Outside Diameter, Length, and Coil Thickness of the stock rear springs of a facelift R50? The same info on an OME or AC would be equally helpful.

PS. Yes I did search the "Using Non-Pathfinder Specific Coils to Obtain Lift" thread, and it offered not quite the info I'm looking for.

Well, you definitely won't be the first with WJ rear coils. I'm on my second set, but yeah, they can work with a little customization (modified seat/adapter).

Something like this? I think the estimated lift heights aren't all correct and I'm sure the prices aren't the same (I did this over 3 years ago):

Rear%2520Coil%2520Spring%2520Summary.JPG

You need adapters. The diameter is bigger on the bottom. Maybe top too, but I trimmed mine to fit the cups and for the truck to sit level. They were 6" WJ (Grand Cherokee) lift springs.

Krypton Fabs has them for $30.

http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=6

The two cups in the top left is what you need. Bolts on and the spring sits around it.

2d04e3aa-9836-46cd-b7c3-a7f9686987c6_zps

You can sort of see them here.

2012-11-24_13-17-15_539.jpg

Edited by 96Pathfinder4x4
  • Like 2

You need adapters. The diameter is bigger on the bottom. Maybe top too, but I trimmed mine to fit the cups and for the truck to sit level. They were 6" WJ (Grand Cherokee) lift springs.

Krypton Fabs has them for $30.

http://www.krfabs.com/product_detail.php?productID=6

The two cups in the top left is what you need. Bolts on and the spring sits around it.

2d04e3aa-9836-46cd-b7c3-a7f9686987c6_zps

You can sort of see them here.

2012-11-24_13-17-15_539.jpg

Hmm, I may do that, I'll see how they fit on the upper spring perch. Not sure if they're wj or zj Hahaah Edited by Karmann

• 11 months later...

im looking to sfd my pathy 3" make my own spacers buy the adapters and panhard drop and brake lines from krfab would these coils work (http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-suspension/jeep-coil-springs-spacers-accessories/jeep-wj-grand-cherokee-99-04-coils-springs-coil-spring-spacers/rustys-coils-wj-4-5-rear.html)

have a 1.5"spacer in the front now so it should equal to level

Edited by thorpe991

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Thorpe991,

I just finished doing the krfabs 4" subframe drop + the AC 2" coils, I used 4" Wj coils in the rear with krfabs adapters and 1" spacer. I think if you were to get the 4.5" coils for the rear with a 3" front spacer you'll have a really bad rack.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dustinp what are the dimensions of the spacer under the blue spring cup, I need to build a 2 inch spacer for mine, I have jgc springs in the rear already on my r50, thanks

• 5 years later...

Hi Karman:

i need a drop sub frame kit 6" for nissan pathfinder 1996 se 4x4. please send me via email how much this kit wiht the shipping from puerto rico zip code 00956.

thanks for all.

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

Hi Karman:

i need a drop sub frame kit 6" for nissan pathfinder 1996 se 4x4. please send me via email how much this kit wiht the shipping from puerto rico zip code 00956.

thanks for all.

You replied to posts from 2013. I believe that user no longer is active. If you want a subframe drop kit, you are looking at $900+ USD

11 hours ago, R50JR said:

You replied to posts from 2013. I believe that user no longer is active. If you want a subframe drop kit, you are looking at $900+ USD

Or build your own...