Yeah, lift, uhm what?

Kyle94

Luckily my Pathy isn't my DD. If and When I go to 35s, it will be trailered. No worries, though. It's not happening anytime soon...I still have alot of meat on my current tires.

The main reason is 2" more ground clearance. At that point trimming the fenders will be a necessity. My current rub is on the inner fender, nearest the cabin. They currently rub on the plastic and only at full-lock. Gets alot of attention in parking lots, but didn't notice it at all offroading last weekend. I do notice a 5-10mph difference on my speedo. I need to get a dash mount for my gps, so it can act as a speedo when needed.

I've considered adding spacers to the front, but everyone that has spacers has the camber issue......coincidence? or is it also combined with the AC lift???

• Like 1

I've considered adding spacers to the front, but everyone that has spacers has the camber issue......coincidence? or is it also combined with the AC lift???

Man, I don't know? I have the AC lift and NX4 1" spacers. I do have two sets of camber adjustment bolts and no issues at all with camber. Maybe peeps aren't adjusting them correctly? :shrug:

• Like 1

IronMan springs and 1" spacers here. No issues. However the IronMans are pretty much identical to OME as far as spring lift.

Here it is on 1/2 worn 31" Cooper STT.

For perspective, the white JK in the picture is on 4" springs, 2" body lift and 35" tires.

IMG_20131116_120937963_HDR.jpg

It seems to be random, some (such as me & a couple of others) have had really bad positive camber after the spacer install, but others (such as DVW, etc)) have had no issues at all. I elongated the top holes on the bottom of the struts & no have no posi camber at all.

• Like 1

I slotted my upper strut holes and haven't seen them shift yet. If you torque the bolts to spec they shouldn't shift ever. I have had it aligned twice, and the camber remained exactly where it was initially set.

A lot of racing dampers come with a slotted upper hole, and I would assume given the side loads on track racing that if they ever shifted then that idea would have been phased out long ago.

Very true.

When I had my argument with the pothole, the slotted holes hadn't shifted at all even though the blow was powerful enough to bend my strut. :ohno01:

• Like 1

I have KYB's also, they're supposed to be a good strut so I'm guessing it was just the angle I hit, etc. A strut is basically a hollow tube with a piston & rod inside so it's only as strong as the outer walls. I'm, glad it was the strut & not the steering rack or something else that bent, it was an easy fix.

I really like your roof top basket/rack. What make & model is it? (your whole truck looks really good by the way!).

Edited by theexbrit
  • Like 1

It's a custom one I bought in Escondido. Some shop has a deal with a fab shop up there and sells them in their store. $200. Not great fab work, but when I get a highlift, awning, etc...I can fab my own mounts and weld 'em on. :happy:

If you look at that updated sig, I also learned how to do hyperlinks.

Edited by 96Pathfinder4x4

So far the rear ac coils are installed and Steve's 1.5" strut spacers.

Problem. The ac coils gave more lift than the front. Not sure how long it takes to settle but as it stand right now I need the ac front lift coils as well. :(

It is still slightly odd stepping down to get out of the rig now though. Haha. Time to start saving for that sfd and 33-35's :)

Oh im sure. Just gotta start saving... Sucky part. haha.

I'm gonna go after the AC 2" front lift coils first, so i can be happy with it for a bout a year....

im planning around fall this next year ill be getting a car of some kind so i can save up for the SFD, or i have other plans as to how im going to save. haha.

I agree on the sfd is worth every penny. Just save your money and get that. I used a 4in sfd and the 2in coils up front with custom spacers in the rear and ac coils. I have around 6.5 in front and 6in the rear. Take it from someone who has had literally every possible setup on their rig....2in with stock tires to 2in with 33's to 6.5 with 33's, 35's and 37's. The best way is sfd you can really cater to what you need pnce thats done. It just depends how far you want to go.

SFD w/35x12.5x16 Nitto Trail Grapplers

side_zps86351b19.jpg

SFD w/ 37x12.5x16.5 Goodyear MT/S

mud_zpsb1afadd0.jpg

Current setup

SFD w/ 35x12.5x18 Federal Couriagia

18s_zps6e1656f6.jpg