HID question

River044road

I've got DDM's for my Fogs, work well, little slow on the charge up time, but i cant complain for free, but if its going on your roof, you may have to get fancy with some kind of box to get the ballast away from the moisture.

Post pics when you figure out a solution, im curious to see how this turns out.

-Kyle

Here's a related question: How would I retrofit HIDs into my stock units without blinding oncoming traffic? I know projectors are the way to go, but seeing as they're generally unavailable, and I'd prefer not to cut into the stockers I'm in a quandry. How hard is the wiring, and where do I get them? (I'm having a tough time with mentally picturing electricals so I need very specific links/instructions :laugh: )

Edited by Karmann

Here's a related question: How would I retrofit HIDs into my stock units without blinding oncoming traffic? I know projectors are the way to go, but seeing as they're generally unavailable, and I'd prefer not to cut into the stockers I'm in a quandry. How hard is the wiring, and where do I get them? (I'm having a tough time with mentally picturing electricals so I need very specific links/instructions :laugh: )

You are just need a glowing sign at night that says "Don't look into the light".

It's really easy to wire up if you have done other wiring projects. You have a power, ground, and a power that goes into one of the factory headlight plugs the biggest pain is making it so everything is neatly tucked away. I got my headlights from DDMtuning.com

http://www.gtoforum.com/attachments/f42/12012d1313231268-hid-problem-not-bright-enough-need-help-hid_wiring_diagram_with_relay_harness_and_electrolytic_capacitor.png

Edited by River044road

I've got DDM's for my Fogs, work well, little slow on the charge up time, but i cant complain for free, but if its going on your roof, you may have to get fancy with some kind of box to get the ballast away from the moisture.

Post pics when you figure out a solution, im curious to see how this turns out.

-Kyle

That's just normal HID's though. The placement of the ballasts are not really an issue because if it's 2 or 4 either way they are going under the hood.

That's just normal HID's though. The placement of the ballasts are not really an issue because if it's 2 or 4 either way they are going under the hood.

I take it the lights you are referring to are not on your roof like in your avatar picture?

-Kyle