which is louder (exhaust)

thorpe991

the thrush welded or the thrush turbo? which one will give me a better exhaust rumble over stock

at the moment my intake is louder than my exhaust

im not looking for something crazy loud but just a nice rumble with a better flow

the previous owners did a full new exhaust at 2" pipe off the cats, when i say full i mean full they put new headers, cats and pipe, but went with a walker quiet flow exhaust and its just to quiet for me

the way my exhaust is ran from the cats it comes down the body and just before the gas tank the left side cuts over and joins with the right side pipe then it goes up and over the axle and exits right next to my reese hitch(not dure if the brand is reese but it gets my point across)

when i look at almost all the other exhaust of the r50 pathfinders it comes down like mine but has a resonator and is a smaller pipe and exits from the side

Edited by thorpe991

Get a FLOWMASTER!

Flowmaster. They just have a "throatier" sound without the drone. I had them on two of my Astro vans (4.3 V6).

Spend the 20 bucks on a Cherry bomb turbo I like mine.

flow master is out of my price range at the moment and i kinda like the drone it doesn't bother me and the thrush turbo is the same as the cherry bomb turbo just different brand name

literately all of the thrush mufflers are the exact same as the cherry bomb mufflers

Edited by thorpe991

idk im just going to use some clamps and pipe down sizers if i have to the muffler that is on now doesnt have a mount to the body but the pipe after it closer to the tail pipe has a mount

that i did not know that (crimped)and i didn't know that the welded was a knock off 40 series

my local autozone has both thrush welded and turbo in-stock with both having 2 1/4 inlet and 2 1/4 outlet so im going with one of them as they are the same price(both at 29.99) and they cant give me a straight answer on the sound so im stuck because i don't want to buy one and have it not be any louder than what i got as the muffler that's on it is practically brand new

Edited by thorpe991

Never ran the thrush, but if it is a knock off of the cherry bomb turbo then that is plenty loud on a v6.

good haha not sure if i put this earlier but my intake is louder than my exhaust if

im guessing since its a Nissan and a v6 ill probably get a ricer/tuner note/sound out of the muffler?

im used to the grumble /roar of a v8 so it will be a nice change

Edited by thorpe991

• 2 weeks later...

I welded in a Thrush glaspcack when my cat got plugged and my muffler about fell out. It is pretty loud, especially at about 4k RPMs and up. I'd rather have something quieter and less annoying but it works for now.

I run 2" exit Obx headers, magnaflow hi flow, flowmaster 40 and full 2.5" pipe. It's loud but very throaty. People tell me it sounds like a v8. Especially in the lower rpm/idle. Whole system only cost me 280$, but I put it all together. Nice power increase and mpg as well.

I run 2" exit Obx headers, magnaflow hi flow, flowmaster 40 and full 2.5" pipe. It's loud but very throaty. People tell me it sounds like a v8. Especially in the lower rpm/idle. Whole system only cost me 280$, but I put it all together. Nice power increase and mpg as well.

Nefarious, did you get exhaust from mandrelbentexhaust.com? I know someone mentioned them before and was happy with the exhaust and price.

Nah I just bought a 8 foot section of 2.5" straight pipe and cut/welded it all together to make the bends, the only bended pipe I used was the one for the 90 degree bend that takes it out in front of the rear driver side wheel. Paid I believe 10$ with my discount at lordco for all the 2.5" pipe. I already had 2" exhaust on my truck when i bought it so I git creative and cut it all up and welded it back together in the right angles to make the 2" pipes off the headers.

Edited by Nefarious

Fwiw I had a thrush brand flowmaster knock off with homemade side exit (in front of the LR tire, stock manifolds, very unrestrictive cat) and it was quite loud, and kinda headache inducing on a longer highway run (and drive thrus don't like it too much). I just recently replaced it with a thrush brand Cherry bomb knock off. Quieted it down a bit and I still have to re-make the tailpipe

I have my glass pack terminated with a turn down before the rear axle,,,and no cat. Kinda obnoxious loud and pops/backfires when I let off the gas if I slightly get into it. Annoying but works for now.