How to remove wires from connectors?

Superkirby

I think I finally figured out where my problem is coming from causing my rough running. There's a couple wires that have been probed at some point with a multi meter. Problem is they went through the jacket and tore it up pretty bad, so I'm assuming it's corroded. I can move the wire around and here the engine change when it's running.

So what I need to know is, how do I get the wire out of the connector? It's the yellow wire running from inector #2, at the plastic connectors above the passenger valve cover. It's the left side connector, where the wires eventually run back to the ECM. There's 8 wires in the connector, and the middle of the connector is a different color plastic (yellow I think?). I need to take an inch or so off this wire and I suspect all my problems will go away. Is there a way to get it out of the connector? It looks like the middle should pop out, but without a lot of prying and risk of breaking something I so far haven't gotten it out.

Can anyone help? I can try to get a picture if needed.

Thank you for your help. I feel like I'm finally about done with this problem.

They sell tools that are specifically made to remove the terminals (with the wirre) from connectors, but you can usually use a small flat screwdriver, like an eyeglass screw type to push on the locking tab so the terminal can be removed from the plastic connector, when re-installing you may need to pry the small metal tab so it is sticking out again, than when you press the terminal into the plastic connector far enough it will lock in place.

Keep in mind most of these types of terminals are crimped very securely to the wire and usually will not be reusable.

Is there a place to get the terminals? Would it be better to find a connector from another vehicle and splice it together? There's several wires that are pierced, just one so far that's causing problems.

If you can leave a quarter inch or so of the old wire crimped in, you could just solder a new wire to it. Of course if you're going to solder to it, you might as well just cut out the corroded section and patch the new wire in.

Or you could hit a junkyard and see if you can find a harness that hasn't been abused.

is the wire loose in the terminal? Or is the terminal loose where it mates with the other half of the plug? You cold try to tighten the terminal so it engages the other half (pin or whatever it is) more tightly. If the plug is bad you can get another one from another vehicle and spice it into the harness in your truck.

I don't think I can access the terminal to tighten it. The wire is corroded about a quarter inch, if that, from the connector. I'm thinking cutting a terminal from one at the scrap yard with several inches left and splicing together will be my best bet. I'll take pictures tomorrow to better demonstrate what I'm talking about.