Ball joint replacement manufacturers

brycap

Yesterday I had my pathfinder inspected and failed because of a bad lower ball joint on the passenger side. I have searched the forums and cannot seem to find a consensus about what manufacture makes the best replacement ball joints. From what I can find it seems that Moog used to make quality parts but their quality has declined in the last few years. What brand do you guys use? Should I be looking for replacements that have zerks or are zerks really only required for older style ball joints that use a metal on metal bearing surface?

I've always used anything name brand with a good warranty, and easy exchange policy. As for grease zerks, they are a definite plus. When grime or mud gets into the bearing surface while in service the only way I know to flush it out is pushing the old out with new grease. Rockauto always has a good price, but the exchange when they give out takes a few days for turnaround and shipping.

If this is a backup or project truck, it can be worth it. For a daily driver I would check local and buy lifetime warranty if you plan on having the rig for a while. D

i just replaced everything in the steering and ball joints. everything bought thru amazon (prime and free shipping is a hard thing to pass up ) . I ordered “ASP” idler arm , center link , upper and lower ball joints ….$110.84 to my door. I was worry about the quality but whatever. I never put my lowers (didnt have a impact socket big enough for the big nut on bottom) and just threw them in my bag. A week later, I was at a pull a part , scavenging for some random goodies when I saw a wd21 that someone pull the cv axles out of,so the knuckles was on the ground . The joints looked brand new , the ball was still a lil tight. I started comparing the joints,with the one I had in my bag. They are not the best but I was impressed. The only thing was the idle arm shaft is tiny, but Im just using it while rebuild and mod my old unit. ( :jacked: alil, where can I find brass bushings for that???)

zerks are included.