Windows Seizing

edta1

This is a great example of how useful this forum and website is. I had the same problem. My window was so slow. I suffered with it for a long time in fear of having to rip the whole door apart to fix it and maybe spend another hundred to fix it. Blah... Blah... Blah... Had a left over can of silicone in the basement that I used previously some where else. Put the window down all the way. Sprayed it in the tracks. And it worked.

Thanks to person that shared the secret.

Silicone. Ya... Baby!!!!!!!

Cheers

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did this today as well! seems to have improved a bit! what did you guys do about the lubricant that gets on the glass every time you roll down and up your windows now?

My driver window was jumpy and shuddering so I removed the door panel and sprayed some white lithium grease on the regulator and the problem is solved. Next time I need to do that I'll use some tougher grease (maybe wheel bearing grease) since it'll probably last longer. I contemplated lubricating the regulator for the other windows, but I'll do that only if I happen to have the door panel off or if they seize up. I didn't seem to have luck with the silicone spray, but maybe I was doing it wrong. The lube on the regulator seemed to have hastened my driver window, though.

My driver door's vapor seal is messed up and torn, maybe I should buy a new one for $14 at Nissan... but then again, what's the point of the vapor seal?

Edited by Towncivilian

My driver window was jumpy and shuddering so I removed the door panel and sprayed some white lithium grease on the regulator and the problem is solved. Next time I need to do that I'll use some tougher grease (maybe wheel bearing grease) since it'll probably last longer. I contemplated lubricating the regulator for the other windows, but I'll do that only if I happen to have the door panel off or if they seize up. I didn't seem to have luck with the silicone spray, but maybe I was doing it wrong. The lube on the regulator seemed to have hastened my driver window, though.

My driver door's vapor seal is messed up and torn, maybe I should buy a new one for $14 at Nissan... but then again, what's the point of the vapor seal?

I just went to a hardware story and got some heavy duty grade poly. The stuff that is used for home construction. aka vapour barrier. As far as what it does. I am guessing it protects the upolstery from getting wet from the inside of your door. Not an expert just thinking out loud.

I dumped my pathfinder in about 5 feet of dirty Fraser River about two years ago. Plastic didnt do a thing then. So.....apparently its not totally waterproof. Trust me on this.:blush:

Edited by Abbypathy