New to Npora

Hamz

Hey guys, i don't have a pathfinder! but looking at getting one soon maybe. i have been on this site for a little while, looking at all the different builds. I am looking at getting a 94-95 WD21 V6 some time soon as i just moved to Perth in Australia. so thought i would just say hi, and anyone in W.A (Australia) looking at selling their pathy be sure to get in contact with me.

Cheers

Hamz

Welcome! There are a few Aussies on here, along with some Kiwis! This is a great site, lots of info and guys willing to help with questions. I have visited W. Australia in the Navy, Perth and Geraldton. I had a great time and would love to go back someday.

Once again, welcome!

Welcome to NPORA Hamz, and good luck finding your pathfinder. I'm sure you will, they seem to have a following down there. A few members in Perth IIRC, but you might want to post this same info in the regional section towards the bottom of the main page.

B

Good day mate welcome to NPORA hows things going in the land down under.Do you like PERTH? Iv'e always wanted to visit Australia its on my bucket list my travel agent says it takes like 19 hours to fly there.

G'day hamz welcome to the neighbourhood.

I'm a couple of hundred k's south from you in bunbury.

Best place for you to look for a Pathy would be on gumtree.com.au

Plenty to choose from on there, happy hunting

• 1 month later...

Cheers guys. Been loving it so far. Works good, money's good, and people are good too! I finally found one at the right price. It's a 94 with 300 thousand k's on the clock. Motor runs nice and the gearbox feels right. Minimal rust, manual, and paid 2.5k for it. Will be picking it up next week. Only thing is it doesn't have aircon, maybe I can get condenser and bits from a wreck pathy? Next will be to find a local wrecker to do the jgc center console mod and find many more bits. Here's link to gum tree, I'll post pic and start a build page once I get it. Https://gumtree.com.au/1994-nissan-pathfinder-sedan/v?adId=1029831158#Nissan%20pathfinder

Cheers

Hamz

I'm glad you finally found one, and it sounds like a good place to start. :aok:

yes, jerry can holder, ill have to get a jerry can now haha. im getting it from warnbro so not far from you bro.

Funny, I just bought a 5 gallon can with mounting tray (90% condition) for $12 at a garage sale today. Hell of a deal, they are $50 new with spout now...

I read on here you can't carry external fuel containers in Australia anymore..... Is that not true? I guess you could carry water or something.....

I hope you are wrong! That makes no sense as the outback is large and the only safe way to carry extra fuel is externally. Saying dedicated, undermounted tanks would be stupid. Even California hasn't gone that far!

If someone tried to pull me over for having a mounted fuel can, I'd throw it at them, followed by a road flare... ;)

B

I read on here you can't carry external fuel containers in Australia anymore..... Is that not true? I guess you could carry water or something.....

If it was they'd be bloody busy booking people as every second 4wd around has one and as I travel the outback highways regularly (truck driver) most campers/travellers I see have at least a couple of Jerry's on board.

Either in holders or strapped to roof racks etc.

Welcome, Hamz. :welcome:

Your search was a lot quicker than mine - and that's one good looking truck. You'll find lots of great information (and friendly folks) on this site.

20131029_053315_zpscb340ae1.jpg

20131029_053327_zps0172f37f.jpg

20131029_053336_zps9403b02a.jpg

20131029_053345_zpsd1bf3155.jpg

20131029_182901_zps5adfeaf3.jpg

20131029_182906_zps945260d3.jpg

The Bird Crap is custom ;P

Manual hubs, bull bar, CB Radio, and nice panasonic headunit. jerry can holder and 2 spares. cant complain for 2500. and electrical issues are minimal, already sorted most today after work, better start a build page i think :)

Cool! Congrats, seems like a fair price. One word of warning, I'm not sure how that bull bar is mounted, but make sure it isn't just from underneath like our brush guards. We call them damage amplifiers due to the way they fold back and smash the lights, grill and hood... :rolleyes:

B