Plagued with Codes: P1130, P1131, P0430, P0420, 4WD light on!

astusroyal

I am New on NPORA and sorry I dont come on a good note. I am plaged with errors. Its a 2002 Pathfy LE, 3.5lt.

The biggest broblem is noisy engine/poor acceleration! When you apply brakes, and hits the accelerator again it takes minutes to regain speed!

Strangely, when i drive off in the morning, the vehicle drives smoothly for about 10 minute, then suddenly the accelerator becomes harder, the least pressure on the accelerator LOUD ENGINE NOISE, SLOWS SPEED like am pulling a parashute behind me. You have to press too hard for the truck to move and the sound too much!

On the Codes, i had P1130for months. Finally got a new Swirl Control Solenoid valve, but it has not changed. No difference!!!

Now P1131 has been added to it!!! Reconnected the SCSV seveal times but no luck. Checked the vacuum tubes but cant figure out any faults.

Now I am devastated with additional codes P0430, P0420!! which points to CATS! Already, i can smell the exhaust when i start the engine in the morning.

I need to find solution because there are no dealership for the R50 here in Accra-Ghana. They care for only the 2005 and later!

i need to get solutions for my mechanics to apply cos they dont have a clue!

Someone suggested a non-foulers on my O2 sensors, HOW HELPFUL IS THIS?. wont it give my care problems later??

Finally a dumb question, Is it possible my 2002 may be using a CVT? i saw a bunch cable lable CVT 40 running from my ECU. well I have been using Dexron III atf and am not getting results... how do i know what type of Transmission system am using?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and i forget!

Recently the 4WD light has come on and i tried the self diagnosis it is telling me its FRONT REVOLUTION SENSOR... It is leaking and i can see the leakage. Is it repairable or i have to repalce the sensor!

• 4 weeks later...

Also, I am not sure what year pathfinder you have. But if it has a MAF sensor you may wanna at the very least clean it. Some people will yell and jump up and down when i say this, but its true. " For the record MAF cleaner is the best" but in a pinch, i use rubbing alcohol and a Q tip. Just 1 thing DO NOT clean it unless the vehicle has been parked and not running for at least 20mins. Dont want the wire to still be hot. But from what you describe with it running normal for 10 mins, thats when its warming up and its in open loop, after it heats up it goes into closed loop and starts reading the sensors. If your mass air flow sensor was dirty or bad, or had a bad wire connection, it would act pretty much like you describe, including the rich smelling fuel, and the post cat codes, dont run it like this too long because it will be shooting rich, and can in fact kill your cats if left unattended. But with the codes you are getting, aside from a vacuum leak, I cant really think of anything else off the top of my head. Good luck and hope you fix it up

I don't know about R50s, but on the first gen Pathfinders, poor running after warmup is sometimes due to the coolant temp sensor crapping out. This can cause the engine to run rich, which can in turn cause problems with catalytic converters.

Also, I'm pretty sure the 2012 "pathfinder" was the first to have a CVT, at least in the US. I assume yours has the four-speed automatic, and the sticker on the wiring stands for something else. (You've got a shifter on the floor that goes P R N D 2 1, right?)

What do you mean by not getting results with the Dexron III?