Public Service Annoucment! (Nissan Tech Sharing Secrets)

89Rotary

alright, SO! R51 Owners (05 - 12) look at the front of your truck and see if you have a External Trans Cooler, if you do Yippie!! if you don't.... GET ONE. its a growing trend for the Trans cooler to leak into the radiator, DESTROYING THE TRANS!!! i've already had to Service 2 Trans (full replacement) and have seen 6 more! (2 out of warrenty and Nissan wouldn't cover it!) its a simple repair to eliminate a 3400$ bill!!

shouldn't you advice the bypass of the radiator "cooler"? That is where the leak occurs mixing the coolant and AT fluid. I think all R51's came stock with AT coolers, just need to bypass the radiator.

My understanding is that some have an external cooler and the one in the rad, and the recommendation is to bypass the one in the rad (or bypass it and add an external if it didn't come with one), because the rad tends to leak coolant into the trans fluid and make an expensive milkshake. It's a defect that Nissan knows about, but won't fix (or do the work to prevent) unless it fails within the warranty period. :rolleyes:

He did, said if you don't have an external one to get one. I interpreted that as bypassing the radiator. :shrug:

Exactly what I meant. My apologies. Next time I'll be more clear.

sent while peering deeply into my soul.... trying to find that lost apex seal again.....