Newb from H Town

JJ331

Was told about this site from a buddy. I'm supposed to buy his Pathfinder next week. It's a 91 with a 6" lift. My wife and I have been into Mustangs for a few years. She recently got a 2012 GT/CS, which is keeping the hot rod urge satisfied enough for me to sell my 93 and do this. We can wheel together, whereas at the track we have to take turns.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up last week. Had to wait until Sunday to wheel it. Went with a bunch of Jeep guys who were pissed by the end of the day. Couldn't believe our $1400 ride kept up with their megabuck Jeeps. Here's a pic:

Pathfinder_zpsd9dcd97d.jpg

Well, technically a 6" lift is possible. It is a 3" body lift and 3" suspension lift, known as a 3+3 in these parts. Depends on how you want to define it. :shrug:

Went with a bunch of Jeep guys who were pissed by the end of the day. Couldn't believe our $1400 ride kept up with their megabuck Jeeps.

That is some of the joy of owning a Pathy. With a good driver, they can keep up with some of the more modified rigs (tires and ground clearance considered, of course). Wait until you clear an obstacle and then rescue a Jeep from it... :D

Not bashing Jeeps, but they aren't the only capable rig.

Looks like you are putting it through its paces! :aok:

B

Welcome JJ. I look forward to some suspension mods too, I have some Jeep buddies that want to "show me how". I have been off roading and 4 wheeling for years, albeit a number of years ago, cant wait to put the Pathy through its paces.

Well, technically a 6" lift is possible. It is a 3" body lift and 3" suspension lift, known as a 3+3 in these parts. Depends on how you want to define it. :shrug:

That is some of the joy of owning a Pathy. With a good driver, they can keep up with some of the more modified rigs (tires and ground clearance considered, of course). Wait until you clear an obstacle and then rescue a Jeep from it... :D

Not bashing Jeeps, but they aren't the only capable rig.

Looks like you are putting it through its paces! :aok:

B

Already pulled out my buddy's Moab about an hour after that pic was taken. I didn't even rub, which really aggravated him!

Whats up JJ331 Your rig looks great man, glad to hear to stuffed it to those jeep guys. I'm in Houston also, there are a couple of us here in town, hit me up man, lets wheel. I love your rims, what are those off of?