Picture of oem hitch attached to frame, or diagram?

BBB

Does anybody have a pic or diagram of how the oem trailer hitch attaches to the frame on a WD21? I just bought a used one off CL but I don't know how to put it on. Thanks

You may have to remove these little brackets to remove before you put it on. I think everything is a 19mm. Once you take those brackets off its pretty self explanatory.

When you crawl under your pathfinder, you should see two mounting points, one on each side of the vehicle.

Inwards of them, are "usually" a set of little angled brackets, one on each side. These much be unbolted. The hitch will bolt in place.

ok, I'll take a look in the morning after I make a trip to the hardware store. Some of the bolts have seen better days.

Don't toss those brackets either if they're in good shape. They can be used to help raise the rear bumper when doing a body lift. I gave them away here on the forum.

Duly noted. parts labelled and saved

Ok I got the hitch offered up and the bumper back on. Bolts are finger tight for now as I plan to disassemble and paint before final assembly. Here's a couple pics of the alignment and 2 questions:

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

here's my question, I have this gap on both sides where hitch attaches to recovery point. I don't have a torch hot enough to bend the recovery point to the hitch. Should I fill this with washers?

IMG_0576.jpg

And what are these for?

IMG_0577.jpg

Ok I got the hitch offered up and the bumper back on. Bolts are finger tight for now as I plan to disassemble and paint before final assembly. Here's a couple pics of the alignment and 2 questions:

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

here's my question, I have this gap on both sides where hitch attaches to recovery point. I don't have a torch hot enough to bend the recovery point to the hitch. Should I fill this with washers?

IMG_0576.jpg

And what are these for?

IMG_0577.jpg

The shims go on each side of the hitch to take up the gap.

I pulled my hitch of a '94 WD21. When I pulled it off, the hitch had been installed with quite a few shims on each side. I replaced them with heavier gauge metal, but I see no reason why you couldn't just use spacers.

Thanks for all your replies and help. Painted the hitch and bumper with spray on bedliner. I like the way it turned out.

IMG_0579.jpg

close up pic of the bumper please ?

It's been raining so here are the sexy wet bumper shots

IMG_0581.jpg

hitch to frame

IMG_0582.jpg

hitch to bumper and frame

IMG_0586.jpg

parting shot

IMG_0587.jpg

• Like 1