Offroading 95 pathfinder questions

focker

So i have this 95 pathfinder took it out off roading once so far.What do you seal the wheel wells up with so the motor doesn't get wet and muddy.Also the back side of the rad was clogged and it got hot.I had to pull the rad out and clean it.I am not trying to do this everytime.

Just wondering what some of you have done?

Pull the radiator and have it cleaned professionally.

From the factory, the Pathfinder had rubber/plastic inner fenders to keep the mud from flying. Try searching junk yards or maybe posting an add in the wanted section. Or fabricate something.

When I did the 3" body lift on my old hardbody I made covers to close off the engine compartment, (under the fenders) using a mud flap from a semi, You could do the same on a non body lift truck, or just find a pair of the OEM one's

Edited by ahardb0dy

Head the garden section of Home Depot and pick up some landscaping mat. They have two different ones, one is a little thinner, feels more plastic and is the cheapest of the two. This I used on my truck years ago and am just now at the point that it needs replaced.

The other is thicker and has more of a rubber feel to it and also costs just a little more (but neither is expensive by any means) and I used that on MrJims truck when we recovered it.