It was a bad week for my truck....

vengeful

So, this afternoon I went out to my truck to go to Sam's Club to buy a Microwave cuz my $10 Goodwill microwave took a dump on me, and I notice that my fender looks a little funny....On closer inspection, I see a HUGE dent in the bumper, and it's all rippled up. Now it's pushed back about 2-3" and rubs the tire like a mofo. I can only imagine that some drunk bastard hit it Friday night, and left. I found a bunch of broken taillight/turn signal pieces around my truck, and gathered them up in case I find a car with a busted out tailight that I can match up the pieces with...

Anyways, I took a few pictures, but they don't really do the damage justice, and the estimate was for $552.79, so there's really no point in going thru insurance since I have a $500 deductible, and it would raise my rates significantly. :angry: I guess I'm just going to trim back the plastic crap that's rubbing on the tire and start saving for a TJM...

Then, my antenna broke, and wont retract or extend.

On to the pics...

They're big, so I'll just link to the parent directory and you can view them that way.

http://www.niora4x4club.com/dan/drunk

:( My condolences vengeful, that really sucks. Less than a week after i got my wife her altima someone pulled in or backed out of a space next to her and left a giant scatch in her rear plastic bumper. previous to that the car was mint in the paint department! P...

this first thing that comes to mind on those tailight pieces is "silverado"" but that can only be specualtion. but they are high enough stock and the tailights have that very grainy texture..so watch for em P...P...P... !

chris

TJM is a brand of front bumper replacements ~ bull bars, winch mounts, etc. Similar to ARB, although I think somewhat cheaper in price... they bolt up to your frame, a little thing like this probably wouldn't have scratched the paint on one. Try a search here, there was a post not too long ago regarding both. -study-

And vengeful, sorry about the H & R... I've had it happen to me ~ sucks royally. By all rights your rates shouldn't go up as this wasn't your fault being parked & unattended, but with the small difference between the two, I don't think I'd turn it in either... :contract:

I could've used an ARB myself here a few months back... P...

post-7-1106097768.jpg

Edited by hardwaretoad