LSV Load sensing valve delete/removal

new4x4r

So even with full spring tension it limits the amount of fluid going to the rear brakes? Or does it begin to limit when spring tension is released, indicating some sort of load?

The only reason I ask, is a friend of mine has completely removed and bypassed his from his early 80's Toyota truck with little difference in his braking

Since that D44 rear axle has bigger disc brakes on it than are on your front axle, you might need some kind of proportioning valve now. It doesn't have to be a load-sensing valve, but you are definitely going to need some way to limit the brake pressure to the rear.

Ohh the D44 up front has noticeably bigger pistons then the rear... Its gunny cause the rears are like a scaled down version of the front. Almost completely the same other then size

• Like 1

Does anyone know what Tue two lines going IN to the LSV are? Ones obviously pressure. Is the other return? Just wanna figure out what kind of proportioning valve to get... How many inlets/outlets to get

No there are two lines in to the LSV and one to the rear brakes. I'm sure its in the shop manual, but I'm not home and I wanna order the parts I need so I can finish everything when I get home

• 4 years later...

No there are two lines in to the LSV and one to the rear brakes. I'm sure its in the shop manual, but I'm not home and I wanna order the parts I need so I can finish everything when I get home

Did you ever remove the LSV and replace it with a prop valve? If so, which flavour did U purchase? Mine is also fookd. Thanx