92 pathy fuel pump issue

tsailor21

hello all i have a 92 and im dooing a vg33 swap the problemi am having is that my fp wont turn on. i get 12v at the plug for 3 seconds like i should with the fp unpluged an probe on the fp positive and negitive spot on the plug but when i plug it in nothing happens. so i drilled little hples for the 2 wires for the pump and sodeed the wires direct bypassing the little plastic nubs on top of the sending unit and still nothing. so then i ran a wire up to the batt. with the fp pluged in and put power th the pos. wire where sodered it back together and the pump will run and the pathy will fire right up and it runs great.

so any i deas why this pump will not turn on?

oh yeah the fp i brand new

there is one plug on the drivrs side that dosent seem to have a home it is a 2 wire plug with a litle metal clip to hold it on but i cant fint the other end anywhere. this is starting to drive me nuts. oh and i did some more testing and i was only getting phantom voltage at the plug so can some one tell me how to jump the fp realy. i tryed to swap the 2 green relys and nothing seemed to be any different.

thanks guys

I think that black plug should go behind the plenum on the drivers side. U have the plugs hooked back up to your auxillary air valve, your idle air control valve, knock sensor under the plenum, etc?

yes those are all hooked up but the plug i took the pick of fell down and landed on my new headers so i need to go to the junk yard now

also i rewired the fuel pump so i can drive my pathy since it is my dd. i pulled the fp relay and ran a new wire with a fuse so it still turns on and off with the key. it runs good but i think i need to move the dizzy 1 tooth because it is cranked to one side as far as it will go

Set cylinder #1 to top dead center on the compression stroke.(pull first spark plug and make sure the cylinder is at the top with a wooden dowel and line up the crank pulley mark)

Then remove distributor, line up the 2 marks on the side of the dist body (2 little dots) then slide it in completely centered in the adjustment slot window. The rotor should point near the #1 terminal on the dist cap.