Dead pedal standard on the R50s?

stioc

I find it strange that my 2001 Pathfinder SE with leather seats doesn't have a dead pedal (left-foot rest)?

More importantly has anyone added one? I guess I should look on ebay or drive 50miles to the closest junkyard?

There's just a lttile thin rest which is practically useless. I've been wanting to add one for a long time, I found a cool Heep one that would fit but I lost the bookmark. I'll see if I can find it again.

... I found a cool Heep one that would fit but I lost the bookmark. I'll see if I can find it again.

So, what good did your bookmark do for ya'? Maybe the cat got a hold of it. (that's all bookmarks are good for around our house. :lol: )

• Like 1

So, what good did your bookmark do for ya'? Maybe the cat got a hold of it. (that's all bookmarks are good for around our house. :lol: )

Computer bookmark my son, computer bookmark :laugh: :laugh:

Actually I don't think I did bookmark it, but the ones I've seen are all $40-$60!!!! :ohno01: I found a home made one that I think I'll be fabricating or something like it....... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/built-myself-dead-pedal-foot-rest-303612/

Computer bookmark my son, computer bookmark :laugh: :laugh:

I know! My cat is digital. His name is 1001101011100010101.

* edit .. I had no idea this was such a studied topic? In my Miata, my left foot is on the clutch. In my (auto) Pathy, my left foot is in another space continuum. I mean, I only need it to catch my fall when I'm exiting the wonderful bliss of another adventurous ride.

Edited by devonianwalk
  • Like 1

My '02 is an SE and has the dead pedal...

Couldn't you "fab" one out of wood or something and cover it with some matching carpet? Like a stereo cabinet? Is it that big of an issue? ahahaha

My '02 is an SE and has the dead pedal...

Couldn't you "fab" one out of wood or something and cover it with some matching carpet? Like a stereo cabinet? Is it that big of an issue? ahahaha

If it's not that big of an issue, give me yours! :laugh: :laugh:

Like a lot of things, I guess it's all down to personal taste. :itsallgood:

• Like 1

wow, who knew a dead pedal discussion will get so many people piping up :laugh:

Agreed with thexbrit completely - also on the long drives I like having something flat to rest my foot against. I'll add this diy to my very long to-do list.

• Like 1

wow, who knew a dead pedal discussion will get so many people piping up :laugh:

Ha! When I read the thread topic I was thinking, "Yet another sensor I am unaware of?" ... :lol:

This has to be the most relevant "irrelevant" thread on NPORA. Congrats Stioc!!