weird noise when i push in the clutch

jdubs12

It just started happening recently, and doesnt always do it, I dont know quite how to describe the noise...its almost like air is being squeezed out. my friend described it as a baby bird that fell out of a tree then got squished while trying to call for help.. any ideas on what could cause such a thing? yeah i will work on the noise description.

Also, if going from 1st to 2nd or 3rd to 2nd sometimes likes to stick will changing the transfer case fluid help? i changed transmission and it didnt do anything

When I was ignoring my clutch master cylinder going bad it would squeak a little when depressing the pedal, kinda like something needed lubed or rubbing a balloon against a window :lol: Try bleeding your clutch as well to make sure there is no air in it for the difficulty shifting issue (which could also be a master or slave starting to fail...)

Well I think I can safely tell you the sticking in shifting action from 1st to 2nd or 3rd to 2nd has nothing to do with your transfer case, more likely its just the synchronizers trying to line up. If your clutch isn't fully disengaging because the master cylinder and probably slave cylinder as well are worn / failing, that would also cause shifting problems. Start working on replacing one, then the other, I don't really see it would make a difference which one first.

Look externally and internally on the truck for a leak. I'm thinking internal clutch master cylinder leak, into the passenger compartment. Look inside, under the dash. Follow the clutch pedal push rod where it bolts to the bulkhead. May have to pull back the carpet a smidge