HELP ME, Clutch problems, car stuck

Guest Snell

HELP ME PLEASE, my pathy is about 6 feet deep in snow, i dug it out mostly but my clutch has no pressure and i cant get it into any gear. and the clutch now wont pop back up when its pushed all the way in. How can i get my pathy in gear and move it befor it gets run over by a snow plow or towed by sheriffs!!!!

You should be able to get it into first or reverse even if your clutch won't disengage. The engine can't be running though. If it doesn't go in to first or reverse try some other gears to hopefully move something enough so you can get first or reverse. If that doesn't work just turn the key real quick to blip the starter and move some gears a little more. Once you get it into 1st or rev you can start it up in gear but you'll be moving as soon as you turn the key.

(I am a dork for trying to use profanity here), im screwed. im in tahoe ca i think the cold freezes the tranny and clutch , cause the truck is basicly nearly high centered on snow. i could probly move it if i could get it in a gear.

not sure what to do, i can put it in any gear with the car off, but doesnt seem to start when i try to start it in first or reverse.

anyway i can some how forse it into firse and drive in home one block away in first?

• 2 weeks later...

It's the "interlock" button. I think I read somewhere it's for bypassing the clutch pedal safety switch. You could try running the engine for a while. The heat might help unfreeze everything. Just make sure to clear the snow away from the tailpipe. Be careful because with that much snow under you, carbon monoxide could build up under your truck and kill you while you're waiting for things to thaw.

Good luck.