Bushings.....

enkrypt3d

I've replaced only the sway bar bushings so far but I want to get a list of all the bushings that can be replaced on the suspension (in the front specifically)

I went on a light off road trail which was dry and dusty and through some tall grass and while driving home I hear some loud popping noises any time the suspension flexes from the driver's side front... This started after taking it off road for some reason..

anyways long story short, I want a list of all the things that could improve ride quality and reduce noises (squeaks & clunks)

So I'll start with what I know of:

Upper Control Arm Bushings

Lower Control Arm Bushings

Upper Ball Joints

Lower Ball Joints

Tension Arm Bushings (not sure where / what this is)

What's left? I want to order it all at once and get it all done at once......... Thx!

Tension Arm or strut rod or compression arm is the rear pivot point on your front lower control arm and the bushings go on either side of a welded bracket that hangs down of the chassis.

here is the thread all about replacing it :http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/32546-how-to-replace-strut-rod-bushings/

Hey,does anyone know about replacing all the rear bushings? My 95 pathy is starting to make klunking and knocking noise's from rear I already put new rear shocks and the rear end has been drained and refilled so I'm guessing bushing's.

I went on a light off road trail which was dry and dusty and through some tall grass and while driving home I hear some loud popping noises any time the suspension flexes from the driver's side front... This started after taking it off road for some reason..

anyways long story short, I want a list of all the things that could improve ride quality and reduce noises (squeaks & clunks)

So I'll start with what I know of:

Upper Control Arm Bushings

Lower Control Arm Bushings

Upper Ball Joints

Lower Ball Joints

Tension Arm Bushings (not sure where / what this is)

What's left? I want to order it all at once and get it all done at once......... Thx!

I think you've got your list. The only other thing that could be squeaking is your front shocks. The clunk could be from the front tension rod, when you replace the tension arm bushings as Stabworthy linked above, there may be some wear in the rod that causes the clunking when your suspension flexes.

Hey,does anyone know about replacing all the rear bushings? My 95 pathy is starting to make klunking and knocking noise's from rear I already put new rear shocks and the rear end has been drained and refilled so I'm guessing bushing's.

If it's is bushings, it isn't incredibly difficult to replace them. I used the split poly bushings, but some prefer OEM rubber bushings. The split ones were relatively easy to install, once the old bushings were out. A piece of Ready-rod or a long bolt with large washers can be used to press the new bushings into place. Some prefer to burn the old bushings out with a torch, or cut them out with a hacksaw/sawzall. I tried both, but found best was a hole saw, just smaller than the hole in the control arm. Drilled them out from one side, until the hole saw bottomed out on the sleeve, then drilled from the other side. The hole saw will be garbage at the end. After that, they pretty much tapped right out with a hammer. I used a wire wheel on a die grinder to clean-up the rest of the rubber. I had all of my links out at once, so it makes it a little more difficult to line everything back up to get the links back in. Haynes manual says to remove only one link at a time, it might make it easier to get the links back in place.

Edited by pathybuilder

Thanks guys - making a list of items to get:

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/tension-arm-bushing-kit-p-4129.html for tension arm (not sure if this is only for one side or do I need to get 2 of these?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/control-arm-bushing-kit-p-4125.html same for this - is this per side?

Still need to find ball joints...

Oh and btw I have new Rancho RS5000 shocks in the front and rear... but as I go over speed bumps, the front end makes a horrible groaning / squeaking sound as the front end settles. With the old shocks it would bounce but not so much noise. I guess once you tighten up one part, it sends the energy to some other part of the suspension! Hopefully after replacing all these will make it quieter and more comfy.......

Edited by enkrypt3d

If you replace all the bushings with polyurethane ones it will be less comfy. This is because the hardness transfers more of the road feel to the chassis instead of absorbing it. The plus side is better handling.

Ordered these:

MOOG-K9022 Front Upper Ball Joint $33.00 2

MOOG-K9209 Front Upper Control Arm Bushing Kit $15.54 x2

MOOG-K9546 Front Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit $27.37 x2

Moog-K200163 Front Strut Rod Bushing Kit $15.14 x1

MOOG-K9347 Front Lower Ball Joint $59.06 x2

MOOG-ES3375 Front Outer Tie Rod End $52.15 x2

MOOG-ES3376 Front Inner Tie Rod End $44.11 x2

Hopefully that'll cover it! Are these moog parts poly or rubber? It didn't say on their page..... thanks and let me know if I missed anything cheers

Edited by enkrypt3d

Well it wasn't from rockauto because these would have been the prices:

if your replacing all those parts might as well add in the idler arm and shock bushings

Already replaced shocks and ilder arm...

Well it wasn't from rockauto because these would have been the prices:

23w9lc6.jpg

if your replacing all those parts might as well add in the idler arm and shock bushings

Dont I need 2 of each ball joints? You have 2 for the K9022 but only one for the K9347?

nevermind I believe I need 2 uppers and 2 lowers....thx!

Went ahead and ordered a new center link anyways since I'm replacing all the toe links as well...

Edited by enkrypt3d