89 w/factory security system

thndrwhls

I just found out the my 89 has a factory security system in stalled. While sittin in my Pathy at lunch the other day I was looking down at my console and realized that there is a switch plate for an alarm system however the light and the switch were gone. I poped out the plate and looked within and there was a bindle of wires with the switch and light at the end so I fished them out and reinserted them into the plate, flicked the switch a couple of times to see what it would do and the light flashed but that was about it. I didnt think much about it and went back into work when I came out to go home I shut the glass hatch, because it wasent closed well from the last person who had been in it, and the alarm went off. I thought (I am a dork for trying to use profanity here), what to do, I put the key in the door and unlocked it with no response and then put the key in the ignition and started it up, the alarm shut down.

Now, where can I find a replaement key fob for this thing? Any idea if this thing has a keyless entry from the factory? or if they even came from the factory with alarms?

Let me know,

Joe B)

Basically the alarm goes off if you fail to put the key in the ignition within a set period of time from opening the door (i think like 30 seconds). This applies to the doors and hatch, but i am not sure if it applies to the rear glass.

I think it also has a shock sensor as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My 88 has that too, just never messed with it. It would be nice to get it working though. I know the hood pin switch for it is shot, but not sure of anything else in the system. BTW, does it honk the horn when it goes off? I'm afraid to touch mine and have it get stuck on. :o