z24 sluggish up hill.bad idle.

looking for ideas on what could be up with my z24(s) first thi.g in the morning it near doesnt idle,in the first say 30seconds if I just let it idle itll idle down and stall after warming up it idles fine.

2. up hill the pathy seems to lose power and speed even though accelerator is FLAT TO FLOOR. by the sound it has more power but where?feels almost like I could have another half inch of pedal to go,its not revving out. ideas?

Have you checked for any codes?

EDIT: Just realised it has got a carby, It could be a blocked fuel filter, have you let it run out of petrol or even low anytime recently? When was the last time the filter was replaced? You could also try cleaning your carby.

Edited by Leo94

As Leo said, fuel filter would be a good start for the loss of power.

this carb is divided into an upper (throttle chamber) and lower half (venturi chamber)

For the idle issues this sounds like a themo element issue to me since it is only at cold start you are having this issue. The thermo element is basiclly an automatic choke on the venturi chamber on these designs. It will wear out over time and need replacement.

It could also be related to the lack of power issue if it is stuck causing the chamber to not adjust to the increased air demands needed on acceleration.

From there I would look at the Throttle Position Sensor (AKA Hot Wire Module)on the ventrui chamber and the IACV on the throttle chamber

The factory V6. :lol:

If you get tired of fighting with the stock POS Hitatchi carb, maybe consider putting a Weber 32/36 DGEV on it. Lots more power and depending on how you jet it better or slightly worse fuel mileage.

Edited by Kingman

I don't know what the laws are like in tasmania, but if they are anything like the qld laws then you can swap to the vg30I engine without a modification plate as it was a manufacturer option.

thanks leo and kingman both sound damn good,carb prob be a cheaper option but in a recent post I put up today is I have I think a crankshaft oulsral leak so the vg30i is soundinf good,espeacially if its a near straight swap out,that id be damn stoked with.no conversion plate leo?straight to the 5speed?