Wheels

depends on how your current suspension is sitting. In my case my rear coils were super saggy so i could mount my wheels/tires and they would fit, but any major bumps or weight in the back would make the tire scrape. In the front the wheels would rub the front bumper without any trimming with the 265/75/16's. So as far as right now the rear of the pathfinder is lifted and the front remains stock height. I trimmed the front bumper and removed the front portion of the splash guards and put the wheels/tires on and drove it around the block. Minimal rubbing in the front but that will be eliminated once the front is lifted up.

So I would most likely have some rubbing issues with the 255 /65 ? My suspension seems pretty good . The rear does have that little bit of sag as most of us know about .

what kind of issues? Over every bump am I gonna have the tire hitting the fenders? Or is it going to be only when my steering wheel is fully locked kind of issues ?

this is the pathy is Question

img1998eb.jpg

img1994bq.jpg

Not sure what your backspacing is with the OEM wheels or what it wil be with new wheels but here's what I experienced:

On my 1998, the original tires were 235/70/15. Sucky doodle!!!! When we bought the truck, they were replaced with 255/65/15 Radial Rovers (roughly the same size as a 30X9.5X15. With the original LE wheels (mesh-like) they rubbed the driver's side wheel well trim (with the outer shoulder blocks)and unibody on the passenger side (with the inner shoulder blocks) every time I put it in reverse and turned the wheel all the way to the right.

Later on (last year) I changed my wheels to some ARE's with 3.75" backspacing and had some on-road-worthy 235/70/15's on again. I quickly got a flat (sliced sidewall) and got meself some 30X9.5X15 radials. They still rubbed the same places, but not as much. Later, I thought, with the lift the rubbing would go away...it did but only on the driver's side. The passenger side rubs lower on the Unibody (although not as much as before)I will try and post photos of the locations once I get my Path back.

my 96 came with 31x10.5r15 from the factory..... nissan is weird

i know when i put a true 31x10.5r15 on my 01 that was worn down to infinity i couldn't drive any where the mud flap had to come off and i had to trim the bumper

I just can't picture why a wheel that is the same diameter with the same size tire I am currently running would cause so many "rubbing" issues.

I guess the 4.5 inch backspace equals to a 0 offset or is that something totally different ? Which would make the wheel stick out from the fenders correct?

But like im saying. Im currently running the stock 16x7 with 255/65/16 not too sure of these factory wheels BS or offset and I want to run a 16x8 with the same tire size, 255/65/16 ...so I just can't see how the issues come into play. Is that 1 inch of wheel width the issue here or is it the backspace+offset ?

thanks for bearing with me !

Sorry I think I must have read your post wrong at first. Those tires/wheels should fit fine without any rubbing, it would be just like your stock setup for the most part. Just a little wider wheel that's all, for some reason i thought you had mentioned bigger tires in your post.

Here is a picture of my truck currently on 265/75/16's

photo1_zps8e7cdc4c.jpg

holy smokes ! one day I want mine to look EXACTLY LIKE THAT ! haha awesome look guy

whats the wheel size, BS and offset on your wheels?

I'm not the best at the whole backspace and offset thing. I did some reading but first hand experience and words would be better.

So the wheels i posted in link above are 16x8 with a 4.5" backspace..offset is unknown. I am looking to get a wheel that "pokes" out of the fender about an inch or two. Will a lower backspace achieve that or will the 4.5 BS give me that look with a 16x8 wheel?

I read the lower the backspace the further the wheel will stick out of the fenders. So I doubt these 16x8 KMC hoss will give me the look i want correct?

would I need something that is 16x8 with around 3.75 backspace to achieve that look ?

thanks again !

If you want your tires to stick out past the fenders, get 8" wide wheels with 3.75 to 4.00" backspacing. Higher backspacing will tuck the tires into the fenders more. However, I have found it hard to get nice-looking and affordable 16" (6x5.5) wheels with low backspacing. It seems that 15" wheels are much easier to find with ~4.00" backspacing.

^^ Thanks for the replies guys !

Yea upon doing mor searching im finding it hard to find a 16x8 wheel I want with a lower backspacing than 4.5"..

How do you guys feel about running wheel spacers? I wont be doing any hardcore wheeling for the time being but i will be travelling long distances. Any safety concerns or pre-mature wear i should be aware of ?

Check out Level 8 wheels. They have some very nice wheels in 8" and 8.5" width with some back spacing options. They are sold by Discount Tire and on Amazon.

But they arent $50 a wheel steely wheely cheap. Website: http://www.level8wheels.com/

These are the wheels I want to get. Available 16x8.5 with 18mm or -6 offset.

t_20130117.levscp.amf.ang.jpg

Edited by Rebelord