Just bought a 98 SE

TurboE

Hi everyone, I just bought a black 98 SE last night from a friend. It's got 118k on it. It needs tires and I have tires from my jeep so I am going to put the 31 x 10.5 x 15's I have on it right away. They are in between a MT and AT, perfect for what I want. I'm going to order these wheels later today http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-3975860 . I plan on doing sime minor grill and bumper painting and modifications and maybe some clear parking lights/bumper lights and then some tint. Maybe eventually after I drive it for a while invest in some skid plates underneath and maybe a small lift? Just wanted to say hi and start finding out about pathfinders, as I am usually on car forums for my daily driver. I pretty much will use this as a winter/snow driver and also for fun wheeling some, and maybe some towing/luging stuff around.

hi turbo, welcome!

spend a little while surfing this forum and you'll find all the answers to your questions. In fact there is a subsection devoted to the R50 (96-04 Pathfinder).

have fun

Thanks guys, look forward to getting it how I want it. I'll take some pics it was dark by the time I got it, and I was in the middle of making my keg of beer green for a party this weekend lol... Like to get some before and after pics of a few changes i want to make. Just posted about some ideas for the ripped up leather seat been looking at some cover ideas and local junk yards a car-parts.com but haven't found anything yet. I bought them about a year ago I think they are master crafts, they are more aggressive than AT's but not nearly aggresive as MT's and still have good on road performance and wear in my opinion... just looked them up they are master craft courser C/T looks like summit has them now I got them locally at a warehouse type shop. This is then on my jeep, they look meaner/more aggressive in person...

http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/EdEngel/media/Jeep_zps883e2bb2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/EdEngel/media/Jeep_zps883e2bb2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=1363370122170048867140331223863

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mft-73747/media/images

Ahh, ok, I see what you mean. Kind of similar to the BFG AT KO tread type, but rated as M+S not an AT. Thanks for the links.

Mastercraft Courser CT Light Truck Tire

Studdable Design

Large, Beefy Tread Elements - Designed for off-road applications while providing long, even wear in highway applications.

Beveled Treadblock Edges - Fights irregular wear and improves self-cleaning capabilities.

Deep Tread and Scalloped Shoulder Design

Maximizes traction on soft surfaces.

M+S Rated

B

• 2 weeks later...

Great choice. I also just got a 98 SE yesterday. Found one that was a 1 owner trade in with 170k miles but in great shape. Doesn't look like it's ever been off road. Can't wait to fix it up and get it dirty!

98se_1.jpg98se_2.jpg98se_3.jpg98se_4.jpg

:welcome: to the forums. Nice truck. Most of the people on here are pretty crazy, they do know there stuff when it comes to Pathfinders. Enjoy.

James

what do you mean crazy? I mostly just twitch a bit and only foam at the mouth when I see someone texting while driving. :crazy: