Engine stalls while driving... Help!

"The IAC valve is under the intake, in the back on the drivers side. You can't see it. There is a controller for the IAC valve also."

Thanks for the info. I ordered the IAC but was unable to find the controller for the IAS on Rock Auto. Do you know of any online sources where I might order one?

Is the controller an electric component that is located separate from the IAC, or in the same general location under the intake?

The controller is on the left side of the engine next to the egr valve. It is a 2 prong connector. It is a tall piece that mounts to the intake. I went to the dealer for the controller. It's not cheap. Test it before buying a new one.

• Like 1

A while ago I had the same problem on another one of my cars like it was starving for air & lotta black smoke out of the exhaust.A friend told me to check the PCV valve, I replaced it and that solved the problem. I saw mr. jims movie on that too, so i replaced the one on my 91 pathfinder also just last month, seems to idle and run lot better now . Even if it clicks when u shake it it could be sticky, i changed the hose also, and that was all oily too.

Bingomech

• 4 months later...

I would just like everyone to know it's a very good idea to clean the intake ports well when replacing the IAC valve. I had a guy replace my IAC and it ran great for about a month, then it started stalling all over again, worse than before, in fact. So I ended up taking it to a dealership and having them do it all over again. The valve we replaced the first time was fine, but the intake needed cleaning is all. With that done, it's runs great now.

• 4 weeks later...

Went out and took a look at mine...

Here's the plug. Ignore the two wires right next to the battery post (orange and green), they're not stock.

P1010002-14_zpsadd49f1f.jpg

The harness from the green plug goes behind the battery and includes this fuse link.

I'm not sure where the other two fuse links are, or if the wires coming off the green plug are fuse links too. Looking at your pic again, it looks like someone's cut open the wiring harness and done strange and terrible things to it involving crimp connectors.

Does anyone know the part number for this harness? Mine is gone wacky again... if I move it, the engine cuts out and stalls... (going over bumps etc) I want to replace all of it. What's required?

• 2 years later...

My engine was running rough, sputtering and stalling. Thanks to this thread, I clean the maf sensor with qtips and alcohol and it runs great again, well at least for a 21 year old truck. Can't believe my local "trustworthy" mechanic couldn't figure this out and instead claimed it was purely a compression problem. Told me I had to drop a new motor in, f dat.