Quite problematic vehicle..

rbaum94

So I'll give you guys the long story since i got some time.

First i'd like to introduce myself, this is my first time posting on this site and I WISH i had know about it sooner when I began to work on my very own pathfinder (also my very first vehicle)

So. This pathfinder has been costing me a great deal over the past 5-7 months.

It sat for about 2 years in my yard (in top notch condition when it was parked) before I finally got my dad to give it to me.

since then it has been causing me problems,

It started out with the oxygen sensor not working. I drove it for about 4 months (been driving a total of 6 or 7 now) with the sensor not working. Realized that I had a misfire in my vehicle after around 3 months but never had the time nor money to get to fixing it (of course it was one of the injectors under the manifold.) Finally I got to fixing the faulty injector, replaced most of the hoses, spark plugs, plug wires etc etc, a well tune up. Got all the injectors firing, the mis is gone, gas mileage is a hell of a lot better.

And now this happens.

Error code 14, 34, and 51.

I have no idea what to think about the speed sensor. The speedometer, odomoeter, tachometer work just fine.

The knock sensor error code was off for a good while after I got the injectors working and the missfire gone.

The injector circuit? All of them seem to be functioning just fine, all plugs show power and voltage..

The only thing I can think of is that when i idle, sometimes the engine sputters a little and the rpms drop and come back. It ended up doing this pretty bad one day and caused me to stall (sounds like the engines revs up and dies a little then repeats the process)

My dad ended up tapping on the air filter a couple times to fix that from happening. He said it could be that the Mass airflow sensor is bad/dirty?

That could cause it to run this way?

I really appreciate any help or insight and I'm glad to be a member of your forum :]

A mass air flow sensor can mess up the drive ability big time. The computer needs its reading to control everything else. Do a search and find how to clean MAF sensor and see if it helps. Also check the wiring especially the plug for breaks or chaffed wires. Hope its something simple

• Like 1

Alright, I cleaned the maf and the codes went away. I just have a couple more questions. What rpm is the truck supposed to idle at? In neutral i was getting a little over 1 and in drive i was getting a little under 1. after warming up a bit both became a little under 1. Is that normal?