Lifting/ Wheel Wells/ Tire Size Increase/ Off-Road

Zach.Chadick

So I recently bought a 95 pathfinder SE, and I would like to lift it and put bigger tires on etc. to get it ready for this summer and all my mountain trips here in Colorado. Can anyone help me out with the steps I need to take during this process to insure that my car will not rub in the wheel wells and how much this might cost me? Thanks Zach.

I had 31X10.50s on my pathy, stock height.

Just a little trimming with a dremel on the fender flares and I was good to go.

The question is, how big do you want to go?

I was giving Jeeps with 4-6 inch lift and 33s a run for their money on black diamond trails.

All about what you want to do.

Edited by 92Path_68CJ

There is a limit on how much you can lift these before you SAS it. You can do a 3 inch body and a 3 inch suspension and get 33's under it. I think a few guys are running 33x10.50x15 on pretty stock heights and get away with it because the tire is so skinny. 33x10.50x15 are only made by a few tire companies though.

I will upload photos tomorrow, I'm looking to lift it enough to fit 30's or 33's without have to do a lot of grinding. Just want lift and throw the tires on with enough clearance to not rub looking at like maybe 3 inches?

The stock steering can get a little iffy with a lift. There are several fixes from this, ranging from beefing up the stock bits to hacking in bits from other cars to the Calmini system ($$$) to SAS. All depends on how hard you want to push it. IIRC Mr. 510's running 33x10.5 with no lift (fender flares removed, probably some rubber mallet work inside the fenders) and it looks like he gets around pretty well. Also a body lift won't affect the steering, since it doesn't change the suspension angles.<br /><br />Again it all depends on what you want it to do. Mine's a daily driver that sees snow and the occasional dirt road, so the factory size 31x10.5R15s are more than adequate.<br /><br />