Skid plate compatibility

WxChaser

I'm going to head to the JY within the next month or so, and wanted to know what trucks I could look at that would have a skid plate (front end, under the engine bay) that would fit a 93. Obviously anything from 90-93 would fit, but I wonder if the earlier models have the same kind.. and also if the 94-95 do too. I could just go check it myself once I'm there, but I've got a few things to pull so I don't want to spend time walking from one end of the yard to the other to check plates (although they should look similar).

I would like to know more about the xterra ones.... Because if oem fits.. Aftermarket will too. And you can't get aftermarket Pathy skids...

Well you can....

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/front-skid-plate-p-4186.html

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/rear-differential-skid-plate-p-1904.html

Nice!
I would just go to my summer job back home and personally cut and brake the metal myself, but we carry only down to 14 gauge steel which I'm thinking won't be enough. I don't go wheeling all the time but it's nice to be able to know that the plate won't get destroyed. However.. If you guys seem to think 14 gauge steel would work, I'd probably go ahead and cut some pieces next time I'm back there and cover the front, the transfer case and oil pan.

Yeah yeah yeah, I actually had the 4x4parts front skid, and was unimpressed. now show me a tcase or Oil pan skid.....

Just saying, they are out there....

Now if you want those skids, why not fab them, the t case especially is very basic.

As stated above WD21 ones will work. So will V6 Hardbody trucks. (not 4cyl)

The WD22 Xterra one will fit. Had one on mine for awhile a few years ago. Its been awhile now but I recall there was one minor thing different....but I cant remember what it was. In any ways it fit.

Because of some of us live in Apartments and don't have a workshop or welder.

(all my tools are in storage :( )

I know whatcha mean. I am about 1/2 way through a skid for my jeep. Making it in an apartment isn't easy, but you can do it. Gotta make friends, and use their space. :aok: