3 inch lift?

pathy97

There aren't any commercially-available (i.e. "retail") 3" lift kits for the front suspension. There are only 2" lift coil springs and a 4" subframe drop. If you want anything else, it would involve custom fabrication.

Just curious, why do you want a 3" lift kit only for the front?

You can get a 2" spring lift and a 1" strut mount spacer to give you 3" but you may also want to read a bit on the cv angles and what not. I'm not saying that they're good or bad just that you should be aware of any potential issues.

• Like 1

You can get a 2" spring lift and a 1" strut mount spacer to give you 3" but you may also want to read a bit on the cv angles and what not. I'm not saying that they're good or bad just that you should be aware of any potential issues.

Oh yeah, I guess you can do both of those to achieve 3", but technically, that's a 2" lift + a 1" lift that are sold separately and not offered from one source as a combined 3" lift solution. Just semantics, I suppose. Meh.

Edited by XPLORx4

Oh yeah, I guess you can do both of those to achieve 3", but technically, that's a 2" lift + a 1" lift that are sold separately and not offered from one source as a combined 3" lift solution. Just semantics, I suppose. Meh.

eusa_think.gif I didn't think of it that way. I can say I have a three inch lift (albeit it is only on the front) after all!

The reason I need a 3 inch lift in the front is because I bought the truck with a 3 inch lift in the back and 2 inch in the front. I think I found a company that will make me the 3 inch lift springs I just need to give him the OEM part # of the stock springs. You can view my pics in the pictures and videos section of the forums.

You probably don't want 3" lift front springs, because then the front struts will be almost fully extended when the truck is parked on level ground, so whenever you drive over even the slightest road imperfections, your suspension will make all sorts of horrible clunking as the strut hits its maximum extension, which is known on this forum as "topping out". The front wheel camber will become excessively positive and may be very hard, if not impractical, to correct without a lot of extra effort.

You might be able to get away with installing 1" strut spacers between the top of the strut and the chassis strut tower, but the jury is out on whether this will allow the CV axles to bind when the suspension is fully unloaded.

What is your budget?

What is your overall budget to lift the truck? Spacers should be cheap, custom 3" lift springs more expensive, along with other problems (such as topping out under most normal driving conditions), with a subframe drop being the most expensive, but probably most problem-free.

Well I dont think I can afford to do a sfd so its spacers or custom springs. I found someone who will make springs for $268.00 a pr. I might as well change struts also, thinking about KYB Excel-G struts. Whats your thoughts? How would you rate those struts? I see a lot of people on this site use them. Thanks